partnerships??!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi there,

Ive got a bit of a problem and could really do with some advice!

I have been asked if i would be interested in doing a pamper eve with another therapist (i do nails the other therapist is offering something else). I said id be happy to go along and that the other therapist just needs to ask the host to contact me to arrange a booking.
However, this other therapist has said she wants it all booked through her, she wants to take the deposit and then give me me fee, set the terms and conditions etc etc! I made it clear that i cannot do it this way as i would then be working in a kind of partnership which i dont want.
I run my own business and take my own bookings, i am happy for people to recommend me (who wouldnt be!) but that doesnt mean i should then show my gratefulness by allowing the other person to arrange what im doing!

At the mo i am now waiting to see of the potential host of the party contacts me - but in the meantime i am hoping the therapist has got it into her head that i can only be booked directly .
She was going to send t&c's for the both of us! I have told her that i send all of that for myself once the host has contacted me. So I am just hoping now that she doesnt go and send anything regarding me to the host behind my back!

I wish id said thanks but no thanks now, what should have been a simple booking is turning into my worst nightmare!!

What would you do!!??

Kind of sounds like she wants to be running the show and just wants you there as an extra therapist so she can take on more clients for these evenings.

Sounds like it would be her thing but you get a fee for doing it.

It would be an ok deal I would think if you were doing it for some extra money, but if you already have your own business and have the capability to hold your own pamper evenings and maybe bring your own staff or helpers then you may as well do it yourself.

Good luck whichever you decide.

:hug:

Hi there - this is not a partnership - this would be you working for her! I would go by you own gut instinct. You may find she is charging for the nails more than what you are getting! I am very wary of these set ups as I have been bitten in the past. I could write a book about it! Book your own terms with the party host as it sounds like you want to carry on being your own boss - then you always know where you stand. :lol:

Hi there,

Ive got a bit of a problem and could really do with some advice!

I have been asked if i would be interested in doing a pamper eve with another therapist (i do nails the other therapist is offering something else). I said id be happy to go along and that the other therapist just needs to ask the host to contact me to arrange a booking.
However, this other therapist has said she wants it all booked through her, she wants to take the deposit and then give me me fee, set the terms and conditions etc etc! I made it clear that i cannot do it this way as i would then be working in a kind of partnership which i dont want.
I run my own business and take my own bookings, i am happy for people to recommend me (who wouldnt be!) but that doesnt mean i should then show my gratefulness by allowing the other person to arrange what im doing!

At the mo i am now waiting to see of the potential host of the party contacts me - but in the meantime i am hoping the therapist has got it into her head that i can only be booked directly .
She was going to send t&c's for the both of us! I have told her that i send all of that for myself once the host has contacted me. So I am just hoping now that she doesnt go and send anything regarding me to the host behind my back!

I wish id said thanks but no thanks now, what should have been a simple booking is turning into my worst nightmare!!

What would you do!!??
TOTALLY STICK TO YOUR GUNS!!!

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies! Im glad you all agree with me! I didnt want to be over reacting but it definately all feels like something's not right.

I have emailed the therapist and explained that i will be happy to go along providing the hostess contacts me directly first so I can get her booked in properly with myself etc etc.

I cant make it any clearer than that, and tbh if she doesnt like it then im happy to not go...

Thanks for your advice! Im very hormonal at the moment being in the middle of pregnancy and just wanted reassuring that im not being ott!!:green:

Latest posts

Back