Pastel and Koleston

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satchel

Reaction score
Pastel was developed explicitly to be used with certain Wella colors and toners.

I like to use Koleston 10 on scalp with certain lighteners. Would there be a major difference using Pastel on scalp?

What's the difference between the two as they are both 3%? Or is Pastel a bit under 3%? I'm assuming there is something different in the Pastel as it reacts to molecules in Wella's toners, etc. xx Thank you

What do you mean you like using Koleston 10 with certain lighteners? I don't think there's any difference between the standard welloxon developers and pastel apart from the strength

Pastel was developed explicitly to be used with certain Wella colors and toners.

I like to use Koleston 10 on scalp with certain lighteners. Would there be a major difference using Pastel on scalp?

What's the difference between the two as they are both 3%? Or is Pastel a bit under 3%? I'm assuming there is something different in the Pastel as it reacts to molecules in Wella's toners, etc. xx Thank you

There is no 3% here in the UK, I think there is in the US though

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Also if you use tint with pastel on virgin hair it won't take, I tried it before x

Pastel is around 2%. I use pastel with blondor all the time, on a 7 and above, sometimes on a 6 but most often i find results aren't as clean as 6%.

Pastel is around 2%. I use pastel with blondor all the time, on a 7 and above, sometimes on a 6 but most often i find results aren't as clean as 6%.

No way cam it's 2.9 🙈😂 x

Thank you everyone. xx And I remember there was debate here about exactly what percentage is pastel :)

I asked because here in US what I have access to is not Welloxon. It's what they call Koleston developer. It goes from 10-40. I have great results with my Wella Koleston 10% for on scalp and lightener. And also mixing 10% and 20% for a good 15.

And even though debated and I've read much of it, I forgot if Pastel was 10% or not. This is my lineup pictured. And what I do love about Wella developers is creamy consistency. I know many love to say a developer is a developer. But I don't find them all the same.

I'm going to try strand tests with Dialight toners and Pastel developer. I personally cannot stand L'oreal developers. But that's just me!

IMG_7144.jpg

Last edited:
I use Pastel when I want it to be more gentle. It doesnt lift as much or at the same rate as 10V. I primarily use Pastel just for toning if needed.

Thank you x Pastel is thrown around here so much I had to investigate. Have to admit curious how would use with lightener. Thank you all for opinions.

I don't use Wella toners, but will do some mixology and see how Pastel does with Dialight.

(And maybe I should be more into Wella toners as I'm loving the developers. I'm a hard @ss with developers. They are never nice enough. But these truly are.)

Last edited:
Can't use pastel with anything apart from Wella..

Well darned, but that makes sense. Then I need Wella education to learn the line so I can one day try the toners.

I've never had Wella training but use a lot of there range, a lot of it is common sense really!

Basically, pastel is only to be used with toning using KP & Illumina 9's & 10's, as well as with Blondor.

I've never had Wella training but use a lot of there range, a lot of it is common sense really!

Basically, pastel is only to be used with toning using KP & Illumina 9's & 10's, as well as with Blondor.

You can use pastel with illumina to refresh colour and for the glossing service also.

Pastel and colourtouch Emulsion 1.9 are practically the same volume. We have been taught during the MCP course that pastel is designed to go with ammonia based products and emulsion non-ammonia but in some countries pastel is not available in which case, emulsion is used. And the debate goes on... Lol

Pastel and colourtouch Emulsion 1.9 are practically the same volume. We have been taught during the MCP course that pastel is designed to go with ammonia based products and emulsion non-ammonia but in some countries pastel is not available in which case, emulsion is used. And the debate goes on... Lol

God lets not start that one again😂 think there was about 5 people contacting wella over that debate😂

I promise there will be no Pastel-gate x, but I may have questions. I gather that Pastel is similar to the strengths I use for Dialight. They have a 9 developer which I think is similar. But not as creamy and fluffy.

For lightening and toning I love Goldwell and then last 6 months also using Dialight Milkshakes.

Does Wella Professional have a line that are simply toners for after lightening? Or could you please point me in correct direction x. It's illumina?

(Here in the states Wella toners most known for being for sale in Sally's and they are available to everyone. They are Color Charms and I'm not a fan.)

I promise there will be no Pastel-gate x, but I may have questions. I gather that Pastel is similar to the strengths I use for Dialight. They have a 9 developer which I think is similar. But not as creamy and fluffy.

For lightening and toning I love Goldwell and then last 6 months also using Dialight Milkshakes.

Does Wella Professional have a line that are simply toners for after lightening? Or could you please point me in correct direction x. It's illumina?

(Here in the states Wella toners most known for being for sale in Sally's and they are available to everyone. They are Color Charms and I'm not a fan.)

Nope they don't really have a line of toners. They do however have 0/6 and 0/89 in colour fresh that require no mixing, just straight out the bottle, and they're actually pretty strong toners from my experience, but in wella, you can use whatever you want to tone, they recommend their 9 and 10 lines in Illumina, KP with pastel 1:2 and CT with 1.9%, but i don't just stick to depths 9 and 10 to tone, i like to get creative.

Nope they don't really have a line of toners. They do however have 0/6 and 0/89 in colour fresh that require no mixing, just straight out the bottle, and they're actually pretty strong toners from my experience, but in wella, you can use whatever you want to tone, they recommend their 9 and 10 lines in Illumina, KP with pastel 1:2 and CT with 1.9%, but i don't just stick to depths 9 and 10 to tone, i like to get creative.

You have relights in colour touch. These are pure tone, without being the bright mix tones.

Never actually used then though lol

Latest posts

Back