Pastel pink

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake nattrass hair

Reaction score
Hi there can anyone recommend good forumulas / tubes of colour that give that very light pastel pink colour to pre lightened and toned hair?

My favourite is ion colour flash in cotton candy. You could also dilute it with crystal clear to make it even paler or silver (this makes it an irredescent pearly pink) in the same brand. I wouldn't recommend it too much though as baby pink fades pretty quickly with washing alone, but I like these because I find they're quite long lasting compared to other direct dyes. I sometimes also like to use kp 10/0 with a tiny bit of /65 as a permanent formula alternative. Xx

I normally use the 10/0 with 0/65 kp but find it grabs better to certain areas and never goes totally even - the hair is totally Saturated and I make sure I have a platinum blonde toned base before applying pink... x

Never had that happen before:eek: what peroxide have you been using with it x

If I'm ever doing a deposit only colour on hair thats lifted to a level 10 with no yellow present I always use 1.5% (5vol) try that see if it's any better. If not defo try the ion x

Done today using blondme strawberry x

Attachments

• 1495146728870.jpg
    1495146728870.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 108
Love it !!!!!

Looks lovely Lottie can you explain process you did and formulas please?
Did you lift then tone to clean to platinum? X

Looks lovely Lottie can you explain process you did and formulas please?
Did you lift then tone to clean to platinum? X

Course ... I lightened to palest yellow pre toned with purple shampoo for 10 mins then rinsed and applied 10.16. Dried to 50% and 'smudged' the strawberry mix in with 3 %...then watched (prob took 10 min)x

I prefer to make my own pastel colors. Sometimes the prefab tones are way to light to last ;( I usually use my Olaplex #2 and slowly add my pigment until its the tone I like! Using Olaplex to soften your shades not only allows you to customize your colors, but aids a TON in hair health and color longevity!

Wella relights /6 is lovely you have to watch as can turn quickly

I prefer to make my own pastel colors. Sometimes the prefab tones are way to light to last ;( I usually use my Olaplex #2 and slowly add my pigment until its the tone I like! Using Olaplex to soften your shades not only allows you to customize your colors, but aids a TON in hair health and color longevity!

How would you price this though?

How would you price this though?
My creative colors are priced the same as I would with Color corrections, by the hour. I include the use of Olaplex in all of my work, so I just price accordingly.

Hi can anyone tell me a good formula for a nice lilac toner. I'm using blondor cream to lift it first would I be best Toning first to a white?

Yes tone to white first otherwise when you put the lilac on it will just tone it to white anyway :)

Latest posts

Back