Patch test time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lashes&SPMU

Reaction score
Hello ladies
I'm brand new at this and wondered if you think it would be sufficient to patch test for lashes at the start of the appointment? So to put a dob of glue behind their ear straight away, then by the time I'm prepped and we've had a chat 10 minutes would have passed? Just thinking its not going to be convenient for everyone to drive over to me for a patch test before their appointment. All suggestions welcome please :):)

If you are patch testing it has to be 24 to 48 hours before the appointment

Reactions can take up to 48 hours to occur so I would say absolutely not sufficient

However, I use LashBase glue who have recently changed guidelines to say that patch testing is not a requirement - they have info on their website and a modified consent form to download. It's fine with my insurance as they just require I follow manufacturer guidelines. I have a pinned post on my Facebook page with the info on which I direct new bookings to, so if they don't want to come twice then they can skip the patch test, but still have the consultation and sign the forms etc.

Latest posts

Back