Patch testing and insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Keren

Creative Nail Studio
Reaction score
I've heard a lot recently about insurance companies changing the restrictions on patch testing for services such as eyelash tinting. I have been told by a friend of mine (in this industry) that insurance companies are expecting a patch test to be carried out 24-48 hours prior to EACH treatment. Obviously this is not practical for us or our clients considering I have clients that come every 6 weeks for tinting.

This morning I called my insurers to ask and was told that I should follow manufacturers instructions. I said that the packet states that a patch test should be carried out at least 24 hours prior but surely they don't mean prior to every single time it's used? I patch test my clients every 6 months as instructed on my training. The lady told me that I would not be covered unless I followed the manufacturer instructions and patch test each time.

Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculous? Does anyone else know any insurers that are or aren't doing this?

Eek, this could cause some troubles! I will be following this thread closely!

What products are you talking about? Tint? If so, and the manufacturers instructions re testing aren't clear you could contact them for confirmation via email then you can forward a copy to your insurers.

Many geeks have changed their brand of tint because of this.

Vic x

Yes, I'm on about tinting predominantly. Although I was told this morning it applies to any treatment requiring a patch test e.g eyelash extensions. Thanks pure, think I am going to have to email them.

Latest posts

Back