Patchy tan, can I respray?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lipstick Kisses

Reaction score
A client I sprayed yesterday has gone patchy due to using an imperial leather shower gel. It's for her hen so don't want to leave her patchy! Can I spray over it or will it make it worse? What can we do? Thanks xx

A client I sprayed yesterday has gone patchy due to using an imperial leather shower gel. It's for her hen so don't want to leave her patchy! Can I spray over it or will it make it worse? What can we do? Thanks xx

Hi Lipstick Kisses,

Not sure why you believe it was the shower gel that caused the patchy areas, especially a particular brand. Patchy areas are usually to do with the skin itself and the DHA absorbing abnormally in one way or another. Too dry in certain places, absorbs quickly, too oily in others, absorbs slowly or, blocked in some other way and hardly absorbs at all. It could be the client has problem skin to begin with but if you've sprayed this client previously this isn't the answer of course. Maybe poor preparation beforehand or poor long term maintenance of the skin in general. You mentioned a hen night coming up, has your client had any waxing done recently, there's another possibility.

I know it doesn't help you much but I wouldn't recommend a respray, I believe you could make it worse if anything.

St.Moriz Salon

If she desperately needs a new tan applied, have her remove her current tan first. Get her to exfoliate her skin or perhaps offer her a dry body brush to ensure her skin is prepped properly before applying the bew tan

Latest posts

Back