Patchy White Under Neon Coloured Gel Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuicyLucy

Reaction score
I use Gelish and OPI GelColor. I have all the neon ranges and know that they really pop with white painted underneath.

With both Gelish and Gelcolor the coat of white seems to almost separate before its cured. It leaves the white patchy and colour pitted (IYKWIM). This then makes it hard to get even coverage with the neon colour.

I have tried dry wiping the base coats and the white coat with no success. Flash curing every finger seems to be the only answer but it takes too long. Anyone know why this happens and what I can do to stop it? OPI GelColor is worse than Gelish for this problem.

For gelish, are you using sheek white or arctic freeze? I got rid of my sheek white because of this same problem so I now use arctic freeze. I'm on my second bottle though as the first one sat for too long and started separating in the bottle, I thought it was no big deal but then it started to separate as I was applying it. Could it be the bottle is old?

Thanks for your reply Jen. It may be that my Arctic Freeze is old, but my OPI Alpine Snow is new and its even worse!

Can't help for the opi since I only use gelish. Hope someone has an answer for you. Pure whites are just a pain!

I have the opi white and it's awful.. Don't want to tell clients I have it as it takes about 6 coats to look perfect!

Latest posts

Back