Pay and commission structures-does this sound OK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classixuk

Reaction score
I'm just finalising our wage structure for our new beauty areas in our new salon.

Ideally what we need are therapists who also can do nail appointments ( no extensions, just mani/pedi/shellac etc.) and the treatments on offer (facials/massage) are all holistic.

We are thinking of the following for a senior therapist £280 per week basic with 3 targets. Target 1 gets an extra 15% commission. Target 2 gets 20% and target 3 gets 25%. All retail gets 10%.
For a therapist it would the same, but with lower targets and a basic of £240 per week.
We would also offer to pay for training courses throughout the year.
Hours would be 37.5 hrs per week with one late night.

Thoughts please?

All sounds fine, just remember the stock costs are higher than hair, so factor that into your targets.

Thanks Persianista. Helpful as always.

To be honest, I am really surprised there were no further comments on it. Is everyone in skin geek self employed?

Thanks Persianista. Helpful as always.

To be honest, I am really surprised there were no further comments on it. Is everyone in skin geek self employed?

Either that or don't want to share info :( can I come work for you! ;) x

Either that or don't want to share info :( can I come work for you! ;) x

Lol Blue. Sure, we just need you to drop your scissors and pick up the nail file ;)

Everything is slowly coming together for me now. I have based my targets for wages on an average of just 6 clients on average per day for each level of service provider I.e. achievable.

And to unite the team and enable the therapists to feel part of the hair team and vice versa, there will be an overall salon target ( 3 different levels actually) and as each target is it the entire team gets a cash amount to share between themselves. So obviously, if the therapist is quiet the stylists can cross promote treatments to him/her. That way he/she gets more commissions and the stylists get a chance to share in the overall salon bonus too.

Of course, none of this will matter when they come for their interview and see our greatest feature...a full cocktail bar throwing out complimentary drinks all day! Yup! I am going for this one big time! :) Cannot wait to get the thing open! 3,500 sq feet of pure indulgence and fun. :)

Lol Blue. Sure, we just need you to drop your scissors and pick up the nail file ;)

Everything is slowly coming together for me now. I have based my targets for wages on an average of just 6 clients on average per day for each level of service provider I.e. achievable.

And to unite the team and enable the therapists to feel part of the hair team and vice versa, there will be an overall salon target ( 3 different levels actually) and as each target is it the entire team gets a cash amount to share between themselves. So obviously, if the therapist is quiet the stylists can cross promote treatments to him/her. That way he/she gets more commissions and the stylists get a chance to share in the overall salon bonus too.

Of course, none of this will matter when they come for their interview and see our greatest feature...a full cocktail bar throwing out complimentary drinks all day! Yup! I am going for this one big time! :) Cannot wait to get the thing open! 3,500 sq feet of pure indulgence and fun. :)

Sounds amazing!

You pay more than I do, and can afford right now.

Good luck to you xxx

Ill put down everything and pick up anything!

Sounds amazing!

You pay more than I do, and can afford right now.

Good luck to you xxx

Thanks Jemima! Our clients are all really excited too.

My advice to you would be to keep going and take notice of the small things, not just the services. For instance, let's say you get a stock delivery and its dropped off in reception...all the staff are busy? Those cardboard boxes can stay there almost all day if nobody just takes just 2 minutes between clients to move them out of sight. Things like this are what make a difference to clients. The small things...a lightbulb out here or there, having to wait too long for a pre booked appointment, or the biggie...no consultation or new ideas because they're a regular.

Treat every client like a brand new client every time. Good luck.

:)

Including the bar bill? You're hired! Lol

:)

I can sink a fair few screaming orgasms and slippery nipples! ;) oh will you have those cocktails? If not deals off ;) x

I can sink a fair few screaming orgasms and slippery nipples! ;) oh will you have those cocktails? If not deals off ;) x

We'll be serving multiple screaming orgasms with every service lol! Slippery nipples only after waxing though ;)

The basic and commission structure sound great. If you dont mind me asking, What are the target levels 1,2 and 3? have you worked out your final sales after wages and commissions at each level?
I'm in medical aesthetics so the basic salary im offering my staff (level 3 + 5 yrs min experience in medical aesthetics) is £22,000 PA basic with commission structure of;

0-4,999 zero commission
5,000-5,999 1%
6,000-8999 2%
9,000-11,999 4%
12,000-14999 6%
15,000-17999 9%
18,000 + 12%
(per month)
Ps these are london salaries so will be more than average of uk

Latest posts

Back