Pedicure chair or pedicure spa chair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalbeauty

Reaction score
I bought a second hand pedicure spa chair from a local salon that went into liquidation not long after it opened. It has a massaging chair and has a foot area that you fill with water and can turn the jets on.

My problem is that now and again we get a leak and the jets are very fierce when you put it on with no way of turning the intensity down. I dont know whether to trade this one in and get a new one or just to buy a nice pedicure chair or not.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I have contacted the company that it was bought from and done all the things they suggest and am just fed up now with the whole unit, shame because the clients love it!

If it was me I wold persevere with getting it repaired. Can the company not come out and repair it for you as it reads they are just directing you over the phone?

Both from a spa owner and customer point of view, when I go for a pedi in this country I look for salons/spa with these pedichairs as I don't want a small commercial foot spa or bowl you put your feet in.

I know lots of places use these other methods but it is so much more luxurious and a nicer experience imo, sitting in one of those big spa pedicure "thrones", massaging your back whilst the therapist work on your feet. I realise though that not everyoe can afford them or have the space but as you already have it I would really try to get it resolved.

Yes I think I will contact the company again, they did offer me a trade-in on the chair and £1000 for a new one, (which I would love to do, but cant afford it at the moment). I keep hoping it is a small problem, but everything I touch seems to turn into a 'science project', lol

I will try again and keep you posted, but if anyone else has any comments or suggestions I would be very grateful.:hug:

I know this will sound a very simple question & one you have probably tried, but, does this still happen when the pedi spa chair is filled up only a little, enough for the clients to soak their feet but not as full as normal (if that makes sense)
Maybe it is leaking because there is too much water filled into it.
These chairs look lovely & are wonderful for the client but what is it like for a therapist? The stool chairs that you sit on look uncomfortable & from what I have seen they bend over to get to the clients feet. Do you find them easy to work from? x:hug:x

If you dont fill the bowl with enough water the jets are'nt covered with water to work properly, we could still use the bowl without filling it fully though, just not the jets!

It isn't the most comfortable thing from the therapists point of view, but mainly there are two taps that our knees keep knocking and turning the water on, one is a shower head and the other is to fill the bowl, they dont empty easily either as they rely on gravity to drain the water out. The nicest thing about the chair is it massages the client and it is very comfortable when having a pedicure as they have a place to put their feet up on to when they're being worked on.

Latest posts

Back