Pedicure Gap in my Knowledge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyGray

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm wondering if you can help me.

I was trained in Spa Elements manicures and pedicures and am satisfied with that and all they taught me (soaks, scrubs, massages, moisture, cuticle work, filing, polishing) but I decided to offer two other pedicures to my clients, one just a file, cuticle work and a polish and the other somewhere between the two services, including a soak, a go over with a foot file, lotion, file, cuticle work and polish.

So tonight off I trot to do two of this mid range pedicures and one of the ladies in particular had very dry heels. NOt like a callous, but flaky, I've had this in the past myself but its not like a hard build up, its dry and very very flaky, I went over it with a file but it just seemed to make it worse, rather than remove them. I dont' know if it's me or just crap tools. I suspect a bit of both. I felt terrible because I couldnt' get them nice and smooth, so ended up just rubbing loads of lotion in...

So I obviously need products, tools and technique that cater for this kind of dry skin that still fits in with a mid range pedicure. Can anyone advise. I really felt awful letting the lady go off with her heels not nice and smooth, but should they have been if it wasn't a more intensive pedicure....

What do you lot think and could you please recommend your best tools and products for sorting heels like that out?

Many thanks

Charlie

I find with flaky heels exfoliating them works better than a foot file. I use it as an alternative to a file in my mid range pedi's and explain to the client (who are usually expecting you to go at them with the file) why I'm doing it.

Hope that helps in some way.

That really does actually and actually it's pretty obvious I don't know why I didn't think of it! Thank you. I felt terrible.

I wonder if I should call my lady up and offer to do it for her another time. I didn't mention it while I was there....

No worries.

Maybe give her a call and say you've been thinking about how best to sort the dryness out etc etc - she'll appreciate the personal touch I'm sure and if she's not already a loyal client she could be one step closer to becoming one.

Good luck

No worries.

Maybe give her a call and say you've been thinking about how best to sort the dryness out etc etc - she'll appreciate the personal touch I'm sure and if she's not already a loyal client she could be one step closer to becoming one.

Good luck

I've already done it, well I didn't call her but I do have her on Facebook so I've sent her a message on facebook and said exactly that! So thank you very much indeed. :)

And she's just replied saying it was lovely to feel pampered, her feet feel lovely and she'd love to see me in August :)

Nice one! Well done you

xx

That's good ladygray. Sounds like you have a new loyal client well done x

Hey all, I'm wondering if you can help me.

..... What do you lot think and could you please recommend your best tools and products for sorting heels like that out?

Many thanks

Charlie

Hi, must just sing the praises of CND Cucumber Heel Therapy - it is definitely one of those products that 'does exactly what it says on the tin' lol. It really does work - and quickly - and for that reason is also good to retail. I wouldn't be without it! HTH's x

Hi, must just sing the praises of CND Cucumber Heel Therapy - it is definitely one of those products that 'does exactly what it says on the tin' lol. It really does work - and quickly - and for that reason is also good to retail. I wouldn't be without it! HTH's x

Cucumber Heel Therapy has made such a difference to my dry, cracked heels.

I'll defintely check that out thank you!

Latest posts

Back