Pedicure on pregnant lady

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mollylolly

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I just need a little clarification on pedicures carried out on pregnant ladies.

I have a lady who comes to me and she booked her daughter in for a pedicure. I have done a pedicures on her daughter previously a couple of times over the past couple of years. Anyhow, she arrives and I go through the client record card and ask if there is any change in wellbeing, medication etc. She says no.

I have just found out that she was 10 weeks pregnant when I carried out the pedicure, she did'nt want to tell me as she wanted to wait until she was 12 weeks before telling her family or anyone else. ( I am not a gossip and had she confided in my, it would have stayed within my 4 walls)

I feel a little bit annoyed that she was not truthful, as if anything should have happened with her pregnancy, I would have felt awful.

I use the Creative Spa products for all my pedicures (the best ever IMO).

My question is, would you have carried out a pedicure on a pregnant lady in the first few weeks of pregnancy, and if you would, would you do anything differently.

Any replies would be most welcome.

Sally X

It's just fine to carry out a pedicure on a pregnant client. I think the only concern is with massage, but we don't really massage deep enough to do anything. The farther along she gets, the more she's going to appreciate them!

The only thing i would do differently would be not to massage the ankles.
But if she didn't tell you how can you know. Don't worry about it i'm sure she'll be fine.

Latest posts

Back