Pedicure routine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautybumblebee

Reaction score
my most popular treatment at the moment is pedicures,
My routine is
Soak feet in foot spa
File foot and use corn cutter
Exfoliate feet
Clean feet with hot mitts to remove any left over exfoliant
Cuticle work
File
Buff
Dehydrate nail plate
Paint nails
Foot massage

I was wondering other people's routines, also how they find removing really tough skin on the feet because I feel I can only do so much with basic pedicure tools, I'm not a chripodist

Thanks.

Removal of hard skin is most effective and therefore quicker when the skin is dry, so before the foot soak. You mention a corn cutter, does your insurance even cover you for this? We were taught at college (8 years ago) that was the job of a chiropodist/podiatrist not a beauty therapist. Our job is to make feet look pretty, not to correct any issues they have with them.

I also don't buff the nails if I'm going to be applying colour it seems pretty pointless. If there are ridges you can apply a ridge filling base coat to save time.

Microplane for hard skin removal
Soak
Scrub
Mask
Whilst mask is on cuticle work and nail shaping
Remove mask
Massage
Prep and Polish

Mines is
Soak
Hard skin removal
Exfoliation
Mask
Cuticle work and file nails
Paint
Massage, if you miss the toes out it gives your client a bit of drying time.
X

Mine is
file nails
Soak
Cuticle work
Foot file
Foot scrub
Back in the water to rinse
Then if I'm applying a mask do so now and leave to work.
Use mask as massage lotion and give massage
Back in the water to rinse
Wipe nails with acetone and then paint

Mine is
Soak
Remove old polish
Cut and shape nails
Apply blue cross cuticle remover(the best, gently melts cuticles and dead skin ) and then push cuticles and clean under and around nails
Apply more blue cross to calluses and buff off
Sloughing lotion
Fine grit scrub
Clean feet off
Massage
Put on shoes
Dehydrate nails
Apply a sticky base
2 color coats
Base coat

Mine is hard skin removal, exfoliation, soak, menthol masque, soak, heated booties, massage, cuticle work, file and paint

My routine is
Soak feet in foot spa
Exfoliate feet
Cuticle work
File
Buff
Dehydrate nail plate
Paint nails
Foot massage

I was wondering other people's routines, also how they find removing really tough skin on the feet because I feel I can only do so much with basic pedicure tools, I'm not a chripodist

Thanks.
Hi....I file first before any soaking..otherwise mine is the same.

Sorry to pester you but I am new and noticed you ave lots of 'LIKES' so thought you may be able to help........

Do you (or anybody else reading this) have any photos or advice you can post on how to actually sit on one of those pedi stools..I have seen reviews which suggest the distance of the client away from the actual leg rest is usually too far away....so I was thinking of using just the rest so that I can move around on an independant stool to the positions that I need to..?

I offer the full pedi range from basic file and polish through to the spa treatments...but I do not have enough room for a couch or large chairs designed for pedis...

I don't want to use the lap method...as I do lots of treatments on elderly people...and they really are not flexible enough for my lap support...obviously I can't have the leg rest too high for the same reasons but the load bearing would be easier if the leg was on a rest...sorry..waffling now...any thoughts that might help...?...Cheers x

Hi....I file first before any soaking..otherwise mine is the same.

Sorry to pester you but I am new and noticed you ave lots of 'LIKES' so thought you may be able to help........

Do you (or anybody else reading this) have any photos or advice you can post on how to actually sit on one of those pedi stools..I have seen reviews which suggest the distance of the client away from the actual leg rest is usually too far away....so I was thinking of using just the rest so that I can move around on an independant stool to the positions that I need to..?

I offer the full pedi range from basic file and polish through to the spa treatments...but I do not have enough room for a couch or large chairs designed for pedis...

I don't want to use the lap method...as I do lots of treatments on elderly people...and they really are not flexible enough for my lap support...obviously I can't have the leg rest too high for the same reasons but the load bearing would be easier if the leg was on a rest...sorry..waffling now...any thoughts that might help...?...Cheers x

Heya
I actually use the lap method because I have a really comfy big arm chair for the customers and my therapist chair can be lowered quite low so it's not uncomfortable.
But if I have a customer who is really immobile I pop a towel like bolster on the floor and lean on that and work from my lap whilst kneeling on the bolster

I have had no problems this way :)
Hope that helps.

We don't offer paint pedicures anymore ... Except for three clients who have them occasionally.

We advertise as 'shellac toes' or 'bio sculpture toes' we do not use the word pedicure.

Cool blue sanitising gel
Cuticles
Cut and file
Shellac/bio sculpture application
Solar oil

Add-on pedi which is hard skin removal and cream massaged into feet.

Those that offer to cut callouses, where did you train and who is your insurance with? I love to train so I can offer it

My routine is
Soak feet in foot spa
Exfoliate feet
Cuticle work
File
Buff
Dehydrate nail plate
Paint nails
Foot massage

Thanks.

Where did you do your training for the callous removal? Who is your insurance with?
I only have nvq3 so not able to do this but I'd really like to.

Latest posts

Back