Pedicure stool - anyone have one of these?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkangel

Reaction score
Hi!

Did a pedicure on my hubby last night (he's a very willing guinea pig!) and found that the best position for me was on the floor, to avoid lifting his leg to high. Trouble is, by the end, my legs had gone to sleep through kneeling and I felt very awkward during the procedure as I couldn't get comfortable and kept moving. The chair I have for clients to sit in is not height adjustable.

I noticed going through some old threads that the following stool had been recommended by some geeks - and I am very tempted to give one a try.

http://www.econo-med.com/site/details.cfm?StockID=1360&CatID=2&CatPageID=410&PageID=22&CFID=727951&CFTOKEN=96236832

Mind you, will need to justify the cost - so if anyone already has one of these, can you please share whether you think it is worth it?

Also, sorry if it's a daft question, but where would you position the foot spa - to the side?

Jackie xx

I had that one, gave up doing pedicures and sold it as I couldn't get comfortable - that said I am very well upholstered and the boobs kept getting in the way :lol:

I sold it to a fellow geek, and I'm not sure if she still uses it or not?

Sorry, that probably wasn't what you wanted to hear :smack:

Maybe one of the others has has more success with it

I've got one, I thought it was great at first, it's now in the shed!! nuff said!!

I didnt buy exactly the same thing, mine was just the foot rest bit. I thought it might make life easier but it didnt really. I'v got a little square padded stool from IKEA which means I'm low down enough to have a foot on my lap and its much more comfortable for both of us. Sold the foot rest on ebay in the end.

I've often wondered what the big pedicure chairs are like to work with though. The ones with the integral footbath. They look the biz but are really expensive and right now I dont have room anyway.

I have this foot stool and its ok really. My lap hasnt got room for a foot on it unfortunately due to my larger than average tummy sigh!!!

This stool works for me ok :)

For my salon I have ordered a chair and matching foot stool from argos - it looks really nice! The stool is the perfect height for me to rest a clients foot on, and theres no worries about the client having to hold their leg up, or getting a numb bum / legs! Which can take away the whole relaxing experience of a pedicure!
x

Latest posts

Back