Opinions on Beauty/Facial Couch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salmonsa

Reaction score
Hi all, I am in the process of setting up a home salon that will offer, enhancements,mani etc, spray tanning and waxing and am debating on purchasing one of these chairs
http://www.econo-med.com/site/details.cfm?StockID=1368&CatID=2&CatPageID=414&PageID=21&CFID=1381129&CFTOKEN=f0ccc8b1b09cbe4e-8481FD1B-04F7-5AFE-B3BD24D6BBA3B603

Have any of you used them,do you have one ?

i'm thinking these would work for waxing, possible pedicures and facial treatments (should I do them in the future).
Any opinions would be greatfully received. :)

It looks great, I have been looking for one of these for my daughter to do her eyelash extentions, and the price is the cheapest that I have seen. Well done.

they look great - i want one now too!! to save a bit space in my home salon & it would be good for pedi's!!!

I have one of these already, got it a couple of months ago and I have to say it is a very sturdy bed. I haven't however put the arms on as they would get in the way when sugaring. It isn't any good for pedicures though as it is too high and your client wouldn't be ableto sit comfortably and put their feet in a pedicure bowl.

i like econo med, i have shopped with them several times now and have had very good service.

I bought one of these beds from a fellow geek and I am extremely happy with it. My clients think its very comfortable. Its excellent for all treatments, facials, waxing, massage but its not really any good for pedicures as Julie mentioned as its too high off the ground. Its a very good price new on Economed - I paid a lot more and mine was 2nd hand!

Economed are a good company to use.. their customer service is excellent and their delivery is almost overnight.

Hi,
I started off with one of these couches and clients found it extremely comfortable and stable. However, for waxing and massage, it was too low for me. I'm 5'6" tall. Ideally your bed should come to the point on your hip where the top of your leg meets the hip. Measure the height of the couch in question against your leg. If it's too low, your back will kill you after a hard day. Throw a few more £££££££s at it as it'll be worth it in the long run.
After a year, I got the same bed but with an electric motor to raise it up and down. It cost about £500
PS I've got my old one for sale if

The only problem with this bed... as far as waxing goes, is that it has no hydrolics, so if you are tall, you have to bend over to wax... so it because very hard on the technicians back.

I have one of these couches, I love it, I have no probs with the height etc, as im 5ft 4. My clients say its very comfy too, I took the arms off mine as I found they got in the way.:)

Thanks very much everyone for your replies :)

I am 5'7 so may have a bit of a problem with this one as it is only 67cm high, however Therapy 2000 does the same bed which is 71cm high.

I have also looked at these beds with a manual hydraulic lift(foot pump) ...perhaps this would be better and they are not much more expensive ?

Once again many thanks guys :hug:

Yeah I am only 5' 2" so this bed is also ideal for me too. I would think someone much taller would have problems stooping as this bed is perfect for me being a shortie ;)

Latest posts

Back