Pedicures for cats (pedi-claws)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

connoisseur

Reaction score
There's just been a piece on the BBC London news about a new fad called 'Soft claws'

Apparently they are vinyl nail caps that glue on to your cat's claws. They come in a range of colours and are aimed at 'indoor' cats. :rolleyes:

The basic aim of the caps is to stop your cat scratching at your furniture.

They're really big in America and are becoming quite popular over here (surprise, surprise). Check out the website: http://www.softclaws.com/

What will they think of next!!

They have been around a while here in the US, when they first came out I was working at a veterinary clinic

Unfortunately I haven't really seen a decrease in declawing surgeries since they came out, but one good thing owners who use them tend to pay more attention to their cats' nails and get proper trims when necessary

And they are great for those of us who have to work with feisty cats that have all their claws, because there is no sharp edge to break the skin when they get p*ssed

Personally I like the bright pink ones :) :)

there was a thread about these the other day... click here

From Ebay to the regional news...they're certainly making their mark (although thankfully not on the furniture!!) :lol:

Latest posts

Back