Peeling Gellux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily120486

Reaction score
Recently done a Gellux work shop and been practising on myself since using Gellux gel. I follow my instruction book but by the end of the day the gel just peels off my nail. It comes off quite jelly-ish. Looked on here for help n seen people have said maybe I'm applying it too thick but even when I apply it thin it does it. Any1 know where I'm going wrong???

Hi
Maybe you could list a run through of what you do when applying gellux so we can see maybe theres a step your missing out? Are you making sure your sealing the free edge?
Xx

Hi
I cleanse nails with soak off gel prep and wip
Do cuticle work
Apply fast bond
Apply base coat cure 30secs
2 coats of colour on nail n free edge cure 30secs each coat
Top coat cure 2 mins
Wipe of residue with prep and wipe

Using the Gellux 13w led lamp
Am I doing anything wrong? Or do u have any Good tips?
Thank you

Hi Emily,

I haven't been using Gellux for long but this is what I do...

Cuticle work first, then lightly remove shine apply prep and wipe. Once that has dried use the fast bond. Allow the fast bond to dry for about a minute. Then staring adding base etc...

Hope this is helpful :)

I also do as Suzy has said above, only thing I can think of why it might be peeling is if your putting your layers on too thick or not sealing the edge enough also make sure you are not touching the skin and your doing a thorough job of your cuticle work, :/ sorry can't be of more help hope you find the answer soon! Emma xx

just looks like you got the prep in the wrong order. cuticle work first then remove shine gently, then you use prep wipe to dehydrate nail ready for the bonder, allow to dry for 60 seconds...then you move onto the polish layers. keep them thin sealing each layer and curing for correct time. also make sure your not getting any on the skin or cuticle as that can cause lifting/peeling. if this doesnt help then maybe find out if your lamp is faulty & not giving a full cure. x

Thanks so much for your help. I will try doing cuticle prep 1st then use wipe n prep and see if this makes a difference.
Lamp is brand new so hopefully not faulty.
Thanks again for all ur help :D

Latest posts

Back