Peeling nails ... use calgel or jessica fusion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyk

Reaction score
my mother inlaw had a nno done on her very badly peeling nail and peeled after a week at the ends so i did them and they nearly lasted 3 weeks. iv just took it off and on most of the nails the free edge nail plate just peeled off in one strip and was alot worse than it was befor so iv removed them and used jessica fusion, as anyone else had any problems or had good results from using the gel ? :confused:

Last edited:
just bumping this this up guys , to see if i did the wrong thing by using gel on her ?

To be honest i think that she would have been better off having them infilled and keeping them on....I have clients who had nails that always split and peeled and don't have any problems now that the gel is on protecting them...i am sure that if they had the gel removed the splitting would return but thats why they have the overlays...to stop it. Having the gel overlays shouldn't make any nail condition worse....but once removed the condition will return to normal....thats why overlays are so cool....you'd never know there was a condition ...x

Latest posts

Back