Peeling on 1 foot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandnails

Reaction score
Hello,
A client came for a pedi on sat & her left foot was peeling badly & craked, where as the right foot was perfectly fine. Could you pls tell me what you think that was?

Ta.

Every person has one foot that they 'lead' with. If the lady was a little overweight, shall we say, she will come down heavy on that lead foot. Often this foot is the one with problems like you describe.

I myself have much more build up of callus on my right heel than my left which never has any. Just very heavy on that right foot.

How interesting Geeg.

I really never knew that, in fact i am now on the floor of my lounge examining my feet to find out which one i lead with.!!!

You learn something new everyday, thanks for that.

Michelle x

If they were cracked and sore (skin has split due to dryness) it could also be a form of psoriasis (I think the name is "pustular psoriasis" or something) only found on soles of feet and palms of hand. It's linked with smoking as it's almost unheard of in a non-smoker. (I know this as I have suffered.....until I gave up....then started again, but I rarely get an outbreak anymore). I may be wrong, but just a thought!

I think it very unlikely to be any kind of psoriasis on one foot only.
It's always wise to look for the simple solution first. It is not up to us as nail technicians to be diagnosing complaints such as the one described.
When people live in a climate where they go bare foot allot, often the lead foot is the one that suffers from the cracked heels and dry callus .. simple explanation for a simple problem.
The exact same thing happened to me when I first came to live in Spain!

Thank you so much for replying.

Latest posts

Back