Pen pals!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail_Envy

Reaction score
In this day and age its sooo easy to contact people! Do you miss recieving letters in the mail and having no idea when one would come? When was the last time you wrote a letter?

Oh me and my friend still write to each other even though we text too. I used to have a pen pal when I was young a girl I met on holiday but with moving and as years go by we lost touch. I think is a shame that people don't want to write anymore and emails and texts have taken over

I fully agree, my cousin and i would write to each other weekly and i loved it. But technology has taken over and the only mail i recieve now is bills lol.

Oh same here bills bills bills!! I'd love to receive a hand written letter even once a month lol!

Yes, something to break up those bills would be great! The last letter i recieved was for my 21st birthday 3 yrs ago from the prime minister congratulating me on reaching this age and hopeing id had fun so far but stayed safe. It was a generic computer written letter but a letter none the less lol.

Wow where are you from think you have to get to 100 years old to get a letter from the queen here!

I miss writing letters. Me and my best friend used to write a letter to each other every week even though we saw each other everyday :) I've still got them all.
I also had a pen pal that I met on holiday but after 4 years of writing we lost touch :-(
And I used to write to my friend that moved away as her dad was in the army but due to her moving around a lot we lost touch and I'm still trying to find her 13years later :-(
I loved getting up and there been a letter for me it made me feel good now I just get bills and junk!

Oh really 13 years I hope you have luck finding her I think pen pals should come back into fashion ! It's so personal writing a letter it shows someone has sat and taken the time where an email or text is done in 5 mins while in the go. Think it would bring some more smiles to the world !!

I used to send letters to all my friends every week usually more than one, i used to scribble messages and wee funny stories on cards at my lunch breaks, i loved looking through the funny card section and i'd think now who will i send that one to, i used to send them to my brother as well and my dad at their office so they would get them when they arrived at work, i popped in one day when i was working in that area and their secretary said oh i want you to put ME on your mailing list Pleeease, i want a silly card, my phone answer machine was always filled will messages that were just the sound of people laughing (nothing else :suprised:) i knew who's laugh belonged to who though.
Yeah i miss doing all that, i don't do it anymore, i lost touch with all those people that i knew when i got married, i kinda went from having hundreds of friends to having none, oh well, thats life, but im still a really happy person haha

Whenever i dropped in to my friends at their work all i'd see was my cards lined around their desks, so funny

Last edited:
Yes tigan I'm the same once I got married and had my baby I have lost touch with most of my friends as there still partying !

I still write to a girl I was friends with at infant school in London, then we moved away when I was 8. But we still write once or twice a year....it seems so much nicer than an email somehow

Oh that's really lovely to hear that you still write years later!

Its good to hear that some people are stilling writing!

Its amazing what changes after marriage. Everyone i used to talk to i no longer do, and the few that im still friends with i know it wont last. I find it hard for married people with young kids to be friends with single people.

Oh Australia cool other side of the world!! I'm glad I'm not the only one not getting along so well with my single friends now I'm married with a baby it feels lonely sometimes as you think your friends will stick by you !

I no what you mean, it makes you see who your true friends really are. Where are you from?

Yes you do see who your true friends are. I'm from the uk.

Latest posts

Back