Perma Gloss chipping... anyone know what I've done wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julieanne27uk

Reaction score
Hello :D

I've had a go at using perma gloss on top of my L+P on my own nails, I've had it for ages and never tried it. I've had it on for about a week and it looked great at first, but now its started chipping!! Especially on my index fingers, but also a bubble appeared in the perma gloss on another finger so its coming off there too...:sad:

Have I done something wrong or does it not last weeks? I used the permagloss prep and cured the gloss for the recommended time. Any thoughts?

Thank you
Julie

did you apply it too thickly sweetie?

hi

did you buff the nails before you applied the perma gloss? as this would make the perma gloss lift and chip

you need to apply the l&p as you usually would, file away any lumps and bumps, buff over lightly with a finer grit file eg a 180 (don't let your client wash their hands and don't apply any cuticle oil at this stage) apply the perma gloss prep to the nails and let is dry for a min or two then apply the perma gloss to the nails ( making sure that you cap the ends of the nails to seal) and cure in the lamp, then wipe the nails over with the finishing wipe or non-acetone nail varnish remover and apply cuticle oil.

hope this helps

cat xx

Latest posts

Back