Permanent Make up clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eternalscot

Reaction score
I have been doing permanent make up now for 7 years and keep up with training, however I have a nightmare with clients (especially clients who have never had or never known anyone with permanent make up).

The problem is they come and start dictating the treatment and then asking me to change the shape and so. Then after the treatment asking me to add bits and so on. An easy client takes an hours I have been known to be utterly drianed 4 hours on.

Then calling or emailing me everyday (even if it is xmas day) for the next week to tell me that there is scabbing and they would like to add bits to the shape, firstly they have cream and aftercare advice printed out for them, and I give top ups anyway.

I see my work compared with other technicians and Im proud of it, also if someone has been elsewhere before, they are totally fine.

I have decided to give up to new client as to be honest I cannot cope with these folk, I am the only one who suffers like this?

There was a mention on another thread that semi perm makeup and hair ext attract the nutter clients. I do hair ext, and had to agree!
I find with difficult or demanding hair clients that it is important that I keep control of the situation. Are you projecting confidence in yourself?

Well I thought I was projecting confidence, although your probably right get control of the situation and fast, easier when it comes to top up time as you are ready for them.

I think its extremely important what is said to a client in a consultation.

They need to be fully aware of what happens and is involved in a permanent make up treatment and what happens immediately afterwards and within the next few days to month, especially the healing process of the skin, how the pigment will be darker, they will need a top up etc etc.........

I have had the same situation with clients phoning the day after procedure and again the next day and then again the following day. It can be difficult as everyones skin is different and people heal at different rates but yes it can be frustrating when clients are impatient and dont fully understand what happens and then want to change or add bits to their brows and so on, but be firm with them, at the end of the day, your the expert and know what you are doing and they should be prepared to listen to you and ensure they understand whats involved before going ahead with the procedure.

Latest posts

Back