Perming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope perming doesn't come back... for my sake. I have no clue. ..

I hope perming doesn't come back... for my sake. I have no clue. ..

i was dreading having to do perming tbh but when we actually started it wasnt that bad. to me its no different from foiling (putting the rods in) as you work in a repetitive fashion. the tricky part (imo) is the development and neutralising. though saying that, when i started as an apprentice the salon i worked in would have a lot of older ladies in for regular perms so we would have been neutralising all of them for the stylists so plenty of practice.
im near sure wella have a perming course actually.. cant mind where i seen it though..

i was dreading having to do perming tbh but when we actually started it wasnt that bad. to me its no different from foiling (putting the rods in) as you work in a repetitive fashion. the tricky part (imo) is the development and neutralising...

Are you talking about the basic level 2 Perming unit which covers about 3 different perm winds?

I chose to do the Advanced Perming unit in level 3 (instead of hair extensions) and I think it was a good decision. Anyone and their dog can do a 1 day hair extension course these days and call themselves a hair professional (!) but you can't take a Perming skills course without being a qualified hairdresser to at least level 2. :)

I had fun trying out different combinations on my training heads (techniques and types of rods/rollers) but it was still tricky getting in real models for assessments.

I know the college I trained at were looking into running ad hoc NVQ units on Perming and also Colour correction. That way, you will be fully covered for insurance purposes. Might be worth looking into?

I'm going on to level 3 in September so be interesting to see what they have on it. I'm assuming it's the vrq again but hopefully I could do similar as so many already doing extensions here.

Perming would be handy to have as there are a lot of people in my area would have perms. (Lots of old ladies)

I don't like the way unqualified people can do the extension courses either. Imo I think they should have minimum level 2 or 3 to do it.but that's my own personal feeling on it.

I'm going on to level 3 in September so be interesting to see what they have on it. I'm assuming it's the vrq again but hopefully I could do similar as so many already doing extensions here. Perming would be handy to have as there are a lot of people in my area would have perms. (Lots of old ladies).

Google stack perm, weave perm and hopscotch perm to give you an idea of the results from different wind techniques. Definitely not old lady perms. :)

Oooh interesting. We don't offer perms currently, so would be interesting to see if they come back!

Ooh cheers for that tip! Have a spare dolly head or 2 I can experiment on! :)

I do a few perms not many but I find winding therapeutic like foiling. I quite enjoy it.

Yes I found that too! Surprisingly

Are you talking about the basic level 2 Perming unit which covers about 3 different perm winds?

I chose to do the Advanced Perming unit in level 3 (instead of hair extensions) and I think it was a good decision. Anyone and their dog can do a 1 day hair extension course these days and call themselves a hair professional (!) but you can't take a Perming skills course without being a qualified hairdresser to at least level 2. :)

I had fun trying out different combinations on my training heads (techniques and types of rods/rollers) but it was still tricky getting in real models for assessments.

I know the college I trained at were looking into running ad hoc NVQ units on Perming and also Colour correction. That way, you will be fully covered for insurance purposes. Might be worth looking into?

I did the perming unit over extensions too! Didn't think there was that many types if perming winds!!! I hope they do come back into fashion I want to put some of these winds I to every day practice!!!

Not many out there that can perm.....:p
Spells business opportunity to me.;)
L'Oreal have already launched 'The Beach' wave in Paris'......Don't say I didn't warn you....:D

Not many out there that can perm.....:p
Spells business opportunity to me.;)
L'Oreal have already launched 'The Beach' wave in Paris'......Don't say I didn't warn you....:D

I'm looking forward to the return of the perm! How much would you all charge for a boys perm and cut and a ladies spiral perm?

Latest posts

Back