Persian cat...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a persian cat 'Maisy', she is 4 years old. I was wondering if any of you have a persian, & if so what food do you feed her?

It's just that i thought she would have been a bit bigger than she is by now & i was wondering if it's anything to do with the food i feed her! She has always had whiskas dry cat food.

Any tips please geeks x:green:

Hiya,
I have a persian cat too, "Chloe" she's lovely, grey and white. She looks huge, but once a year she goes to the beauty parlour and is clipped quite short because no matter how much we brush her she still gets knots. Anyway, after she's had a short back and sides, she looks tiny. The only cat food she likes is felix, she has 2 pouches a day and a bowl of iams dried food inbetween.
I know they say you can feed on only dried food but I had another cat a few years ago who I only fed on dried food and she was very small. She died when she was 5 of peretinitis (can't spell it). You also have to make sure they have plenty of fresh water to drink when feeding on only dried food. I never see my cat drink!

I have 3 persians, 1 boy, 2 girls, one of my girls is very tiny, does your persian eat alot, the reason I ask is because persians suffer with dental problems (mine had to have all her teeth removed at 4 years old....believe me she can still bite!!) so check her teeth because it may be painful, putting her off eating as much as she should.

If everything seems fine with her teeth, I know some persians have problems picking food up if they have a really flat face....i tried mine on a biscuit diet especially for persians, Royal Canin and you can get it from your local Pets at Home, bit pricier than supermarket brands though, these biscuits are shaped to help a persian pick their food up easier, helps keep coats glossy etc.

I also buy cheap wafer ham which they love....also frozen coley fish 45p from Morrisons they love that.....yes, my persians are ruined!!!

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back