Phd

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clawz

Reaction score
Hi everyone. After a few years of trying to go into some kind of beauty buisness and doing some collage courses and then putting on hold to adopt a couple of kids, I am now (hopefully) on track to setting up a small buisness. I have done Nail Care and Into to Beauty at Collage and am now currently on a waxing course there. I really liked the look of the PHD system and bought one second hand through a private ad to try it out but there were no instructions included and i would like to ask what number on the dial it should be set at for continuous use.. Thanks Alison..:confused:

I really liked the look of the PHD system and bought one second hand through a private ad to try it out but there were no instructions included and i would like to ask what number on the dial it should be set at for continuous use.. Thanks Alison..:confused:

Hi Alison :)

Like most systems, you can have it on 10 to warm up which it can do in about 10 minutes and then whack it down to about 6 for continuous use. At least 6 works for me on my PhD machine. I use mine on a mobile basis so it is only on for relatively short periods of time. I find any less than 6 and it is just not warm enough.

As an aside, I have given up using the small applicators for eyebrow and facial waxing and instead squeeze from the tube straight onto a spatula as I can see better where I am spreading it. I love the PhD system, though the wax does work out more expensive than the pot method.

Good luck with what you are doing :)

Hiya
I have been using PHD for years and it is fab, so easy to apply, no mess and some clients have even said less painful.
I heat mine up starting on 10 then go down to 7 but im sure every station is slightly different.
I wouldnt go back to spatula waxing EVER.
Hope this helps x

Thanks so much for info. I usually set my pot to three and a half for temp and thought PhD would be same so tried it earlier and had a wee practise on myself...eeeeek. WRONG temp....I do think i will love it tho as what i have seen it looks great to use. Looking forward to finishing course in April and getting started at long last. Away to stock up from Ellisons now aswell as seen a few posts from people finding it hard to get some wax for it as its always out of stock a lot. Think i would try squeezing on spatula too as don't think i would be confident enough with it yet for eyebrows and facial waxing. Thanks again for your help..xx

Latest posts

Back