Phone answering service

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkymanda

Reaction score
Does anyone use a phone answering service, I am just a small beauty/nail salon but when we are in treatments we miss upto 20 calls a day so was thinking of getting a company to answer the phone as I can't afford to pay a receptionist at the mo :-(

Does anyone use a phone answering service, I am just a small beauty/nail salon but when we are in treatments we miss upto 20 calls a day so was thinking of getting a company to answer the phone as I can't afford to pay a receptionist at the mo :-(

I would use a answer phone if I thought that our staff would get the message off and ring them back, so no we don't.

How would an external company have access to your diary or provide advice on treatments ect?

Try Expolink Europe Limited - they are phone answering service, not sure of prices but are very good!

Hi There,

My wife and I own a salon. She was in your shoes up until March of this year. We hired a company and it has been incredible. They answer our phone calls and we even have someone reply to our emails. It has completely freed up my wife's time to be a stylist instead of a receptionist. I'd love to refer you to our people. Contact me for info.

Hi There,

My wife and I own a salon. She was in your shoes up until March of this year. We hired a company and it has been incredible. They answer our phone calls and we even have someone reply to our emails. It has completely freed up my wife's time to be a stylist instead of a receptionist. I'd love to refer you to our people. Contact me for info.

I would love those details too. Do they have a diary system that syncs to yours?

All day PA answer the phone and take messages/calls. They don't do bookings per se but take messages which I think is better for customers than an answerphone. I believe they charge you 75p/min for their time on calls x

I can't link on my phone but Botoxboy started a thread called "how do you answer you calls?!" I you search for that you'll find it. When we get busier I will definitely be trying it out. Sounds amazing.

I can't link on my phone but Botoxboy started a thread called "how do you answer you calls?!" I you search for that you'll find it. When we get busier I will definitely be trying it out. Sounds amazing.

Yes, I was going to mention that thread too. Seems to work for many people!

I have considered it but on average £1 every call they take then they email you the messages and you follow them up to be honest I could direct my calls to my daughter a monthly sum and she could answer, give info and book clients job done.

All day PA answer the phone and take messages/calls. They don't do bookings per se but take messages which I think is better for customers than an answerphone. I believe they charge you 75p/min for their time on calls x

Hi Pixie. Sorry to bring back an old thread but saw you mentioned all day pa. Do you still use them? What was your experience with them? I am looking to pay per minute so sounds perfect for me.

Last edited:
I don't use them but my partner who is in the IT and communications industry recommends them so just passing on a recommendation. He recommends it to small firms (mainly sole traders) but afraid I can't offer any personal insight.

I think the minute I start missing calls I'll be signing up as you seem to only pay for the time they take up. Sorry can't help further xx

My day job is for an answering service, its answer.co.uk , lots of salons use us , so handy x

If you are in the U.S. or Canada, try Answering Innovations - www.answeringinnovations.com. I work there. It's a family owned and operated answering service in business for over 30 years. They offer virtual receptionist services like phone answering and have an appointment scheduling program, too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back