Phone line help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujojones

Reaction score
OK I do feel a little silly asking ... But I know you dont judge ;-)

I'm waiting to get the keys to our salon, the landlord ~local council, are currently refurbishing to an agreed spec, so due to get my keys in the next couple of weeks, getting all the stationary in place, signs etc, but I need a phone number! How do I do that??
The last phone line was disconnected as the tenant did a runner, i it as simple as phoning BT to get them to install it?

I can't even remember what I did with the house land line when we moved in lol x :)

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

From memory, if it's under 6 months BT can reconnect the line. If it's over, it's about £130 for a new one. I don't know if it's any different if there is a debt connected to the line? Might be worth asking and having a shop around x

I would just ring BT. There might be something your landlord has to do to confirm you're a new tenant, and not the old one trying to make a new account (I had this trouble because the previous tenants of my shop didn't pay their water bills!) but it shouldn't be too complicated.

Then I guess it's just the whole thing of getting the line installed/reconnected, get a phone number and off you go!

Good luck in your new premises :)

I would contact XLN.

1. They're cheaper than BT.
2. The do a new line free (which is provided by BT as all phone lines in the whole country).

Also an install date is normally 4 weeks in future so make sure to allow time and book it in early :)

Thanks guys - it wasn't until i was drafting my leaflets that it occurred!!

:eek:

thanks bp! really helpful and very reasonable prices!! also gave me my phone number straight away! xx

thanks bp! really helpful and very reasonable prices!! also gave me my phone number straight away! xx

They do give a number but they don't guarantee it until it's connected! Just remember that :)

What it is,computer says that line and numbers free to use so they assign it to you. When an engineer comes on site to install it, say it's taken and the computers wrong, they will have to give you a different one.

This only happens in a small number of cases but it does happen. I know someone who had to re do their sign.

They do give a number but they don't guarantee it until it's connected! Just remember that :)

What it is,computer says that line and numbers free to use so they assign it to you. When an engineer comes on site to install it, say it's taken and the computers wrong, they will have to give you a different one.

This only happens in a small number of cases but it does happen. I know someone who had to re do their sign.

Yes he was good and did tell me! They are out next week so before the print! ;-) x

Yes he was good and did tell me! They are out next week so before the print! ;-) x

Great stuff. Glad you found them useful :) I never had a problem with me.

Latest posts

Back