Photo editing software

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
I am needing to find an alternative photo editing software.

In my "other job" fabulous photos are imperative, especially for selling online.

At the moment I use 3 - yes 3 different ones to get the effects I need.

I use Picassa to alter the colour and brightness etc. but for some reason I can't find how to compress the files for saving so I then open them in PhotoImpact XL which will save them as tiny kb files - 300 plus down to about 30kb

But then I also need thumbnails for the website so I then use Irfanview thumbs.

Is there one package which will do all 3 - there must be - it is possible that one of the packages I have will do all 3 but I just cant work out how LOL.

I spend a fortune every year on the Adobe Suite of products, however, though i've not used it myself- I've heard a lot of good things about this

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

It's an open-source image manipulation package that works a little like Photoshop- you'll have to learn a little- but it'll do everything you mention above.

Or- get a designer to do it- would take 5 mins :)

I spend a fortune every year on the Adobe Suite of products, however, though i've not used it myself- I've heard a lot of good things about this

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

It's an open-source image manipulation package that works a little like Photoshop.

Or- get a designer to do it :)

The GIMP is very powerful, but when I tried it personally, I didn't find it to be as user friendly as Paint Shop Pro, for example.

But if you're happy to put in the time and effort learning how to use it, then it's probably a lot more powerful than a lot of other options that you have to pay for (although Adobe Photoshop would almost certainly give it a good run for its money)...

I have decided to go with the Photoshop Elements. I was obssessing about having to create thumbnails for uploading in my website but it appears my new web package automatically does that LOL.

Thanks for your input.

Latest posts

Back