Photos of your CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lpolky

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am just starting to use cnd additives for the first time. I have ordered these ones below to start with, I'm wondering which are the best most effective colours to use these additives with? Anyone have any photos of fab nails used with these additives then I would love to see them.

Desert Chameleon
Amethyst Flash
Spectrum Shimmer
Violet Pearl

Many thanks

Lorraine xx

Can you order cnd products without registering ? Can I get their products from capital or Sally's ? X

Can you order cnd products without registering ? Can I get their products from capital or Sally's ? X

No you can only get them from Sweet Squared or Ellisons.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

No you can only get them from Sweet Squared or Ellisons.

Or if you are lucky enough to live close to one of Sweet Squared's distributor partners you can go in to their shops in person (with your certificates), set up an account and see all the products for your self with customer care on hand to help you with your purchases. All the CND Additives will be on colour pops in various combinations for you to have a look at.

Hi there,

I am just starting to use cnd additives for the first time. I have ordered these ones below to start with, I'm wondering which are the best most effective colours to use these additives with? Anyone have any photos of fab nails used with these additives then I would love to see them.

Desert Chameleon
Amethyst Flash
Spectrum Shimmer
Violet Pearl

Many thanks

Lorraine xx

Hi Lorraine, nice choices! You don't say which systems you are going to use CND Additives with, is it CND Shellac only?
Just fyi, Spectrum Shimmer looks most incredible when imbedded in an enhancement product, as opposed to used with CND Shellac. Don't get me wrong, it still looks cool, but the result is fairly subtle, no matter what CND Shellac colour you use it with.

This is a Retention+ Liquid & Powder enhancement I created with Spectrum Shimmer Additive:
picture.php

Violet Pearl is one of my all time faves! I can't think on one CND Shellac colour it doesn't look great on. The cool violet tone utterly transforms warm colours (like Hollywood or Clay Canyon) into something else entirely.

My advice would be to try out your CND Additives over CND Shellac colours you would never expect they would go with. This is how I have found some of my most popular combinations.

If you join the CND Additives Group here on salongeek there are a boat load of great pics nail pros have added showing loads of great combinations.
Salon Geek - CND Additives Geeks

Last edited:
Desert Chameleon used on Overtly Onyx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412152614.746597.jpg

Desert Chameleon used on Vexed Violette (accent nails)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412152634.487261.jpg

Desert Chameleon used on Rose Bud
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412152691.853518.jpg

Amethyst Flash used on Vexed Violette (accent nails)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1412152665.319436.jpg

Last edited:
Violet pearl additive over Blackpool Shellac :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1412235590870.jpg
    1412235590870.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 617
Thankyou loving them. I had a go yesterday, will post my pic later. Keep them coming xxx

Or if you are lucky enough to live close to one of Sweet Squared's distributor partners you can go in to their shops in person (with your certificates), set up an account and see all the products for your self with customer care on hand to help you with your purchases. All the CND Additives will be on colour pops in various combinations for you to have a look at.

Hi Lorraine, nice choices! You don't say which systems you are going to use CND Additives with, is it CND Shellac only?
Just fyi, Spectrum Shimmer looks most incredible when imbedded in an enhancement product, as opposed to used with CND Shellac. Don't get me wrong, it still looks cool, but the result is fairly subtle, no matter what CND Shellac colour you use it with.

This is a Retention+ Liquid & Powder enhancement I created with Spectrum Shimmer Additive:
picture.php

Violet Pearl is one of my all time faves! I can't think on one CND Shellac colour it doesn't look great on. The cool violet tone utterly transforms warm colours (like Hollywood or Clay Canyon) into something else entirely.

My advice would be to try out your CND Additives over CND Shellac colours you would never expect they would go with. This is how I have found some of my most popular combinations.

If you join the CND Additives Group here on salongeek there are a boat load of great pics nail pros have added showing loads of great combinations.
Salon Geek - CND Additives Geeks

Fee is there a course specifically for additives?

Hi im newly qualified, i love the look of additives, i do gel polish not shellac, could i use these with gel? And how are they used as i av no clue lol thanks. X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Additives are basically coloured powders that are brushed over the tacky layer of Shellac or any cured gel polish :) Sizzling Sand is my favourite!!!

Additives are basically coloured powders that are brushed over the tacky layer of Shellac or any cured gel polish :) Sizzling Sand is my favourite!!!

They can also be used with other nail systems, not just CND Shellac or Gel Polishes.
Combine CND Additives with Liquid & Powder or Sculpting Gels for custom colour blended nail enhancements. You can also use them with polishes to create nail art detail and really cool embellishments.

I have just qualified in CND shellac. What brush do you use for applying the additives? Thanks

I use an old CND oval one (can't remember the exact name but it's on S2)

I have just qualified in CND shellac. What brush do you use for applying the additives? Thanks

I just use a normal square nail art brush. The cnd brushes are amazing quality but quite pricey, so I have one which I use to correct smile lines / clean up nail art lines etc and one for applying brisa lite smoothing gel. And I just use a normal, inexpensive nail art brush for additives and I have a separate one for glitter.

Latest posts

Back