Photoshoot make up prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicki humbles01

Premium Geek
Reaction score
To all you make up artists out there !!!

How much do you charge to do make up for a photoshoot ???

I have got the oportunity to do some photoshoot make up ( i do bridal / special occasion at the moment) for brides to 'rock their frock' after the wedding in a fun photoshoot, i havnt done session make up for a while and just wondered what the going rate was

Help anyone !!!

I paid £30 for make up for a photo shoot. Felt like being pampered for a change! Wasn't impressed with the result and used mostly my make up but that is a different story!l xx

I imagine this is one of those 'how long's a piece of string' questions, but I used to own a wedding dress business and I used a hair & makeup artist to style the model for a shoot and she charged me £50 for both. I don't think she was particularly well established though, which might make a difference. I would say she was there for 1.5 hours, she didn't hang around for touch-ups/restyles etc, she just did one 'look' and left as she had another job to go to (her day job!) Hope that helps a bit. Might be worth asking the photographer for guidance?

All the photo shoots I have done hair and make up for have been TFP so haven't charged yet.
Interesting reading what everyone else will say.

Hi, I do alot of shoots working closely with three different photographers in my area.
I have found that you need to check your market in the immediate area for starters. Your best to start a little lower to get the Clients and build a good reputation first.
I currently charge £25.00 and then an additional £10 per extra person per shoot (if that makes sense). This includes touch ups throughout shoot.
If its a very large group or a location shoot, then I will work out the timings and charge by half day or full day.
Hope this helps!! :hug:

thats really helpful, thank you ladies ! x

I do hair design aswell so for hair and make up for a session i was thinking of £50

does that sound reasonable ? xx

Latest posts

Back