Picking yourself back up- advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creativexox

Reaction score
Hey..
I'm reaching out for some advice as I'm feeling a bit rubbish lately :(
Usually I work for myself as a hair extension technician.. I haven't been making any bookings lately as I know I need to change a few things and also I've broken my wrist so that doesn't bode well with the use of pliers lol!
I just feel like a complete failure.. I have now failed 4 driving tests, which again, doesn't help with my business as I really need to get mobile. I'm always skint.. with kids and a house to look after this makes me feel crap. I have even tried applying for run of the mill supermarket and cleaning jobs lately just to get by and I haven't even had one interview. When I went out with my friends recently I came home feeling so deflated.. everyone seems so sorted and busy with work and whilst I am genuinely happy for them, I feel like a complete flop :( has anyone else felt like this? I think having kids is just intensifying the way I feel.. I'm trying so hard for them but it's so difficult :( xx

It can seem like nothing is going right sometimes. I know what it is like to feel like nothing is going your way but things will get better. I know that sounds cliche but honestly things will improve you just need to stay positive.
It may seem like everyone is sorted and handling whatever life throws at them but I can assure you that's not always the case. Everyone is fighting a hidden battle as they say. We all have problems and struggle sometimes.
Try to think positively about your situation. Playing with your kids and spending time having fun with them might help you to feel better. I hope things work out for you :) and....I failed my driving test 6 times so I wouldn't worry about it ;)

Ah, yes, everyone else has perfectly sorted lives....
No, they don't! :rolleyes:;)

When you're out with friends, most people want to present themselves in a fairly positive light and posts on Facebook and social media are the heavily highlighted versions of their lives. People naturally gloss over the cracks so please don't use this as a benchmark of success and failure.

It doesn't matter how many times you took your driving test, once you've passed it no-one else really cares so focus on a positive test next time.

Realistically, we all go through ups and downs in life and nothing ever stays the same. Everything changes, especially if you keep pushing forwards and don't let setbacks defeat you but view them as an opportunity to come back stronger. Keep setting yourself little goals to keep motivated, even if it's just cooking something using an ingredient you've never tried before or setting yourself little exercise goals like walking 10k steps a day or whatever. Make it motivate!

Chin up and keep smiling. :)

Latest posts

Back