Pink cast

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukas K

Reaction score
Quick question...
Often times when lifting dark colored hair or box dyed hair, I have been noticing that there is this horrible salmon pink colored cast to the hair that doesn't go away, even if you reapply. It tends to get stuck at that tone and won't budge. It does however go away sometimes with toning. I always wondered what this was caused by, direct dyes perhaps?

It's the red molecules that just won't budge,their the largest and toughest to remove, I've seen this lots, it's usually where they have used a direct dye or a box colour (home kit) which has a serious volume of pigment & peroxide in it, I've never successfully removed the last of the salmon, I can tone it but it's always there

I did figure it had something to do with the red pigment. That damn red stage is one of the hardest to get through! I just found it interesting though, cause of how salmon pink it would go, even on hair that has never had an actual red tint put over it. I just wanted a more a technical answer to this, so thank you!

Latest posts

Back