PiNk pInK and more PiNk!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondee

Reaction score
hi can anyone help me, the lady that i work with has short pink hair we have been usuing the directions range for a while before that it was the affinage dynamics range. you have to obvionsly pre lighten the hair to get maximun colour vibrancy the colour looks really good when 1st done but after 5 days or so the colour has faded really bad, its not like she washes it all the time with it being short she can sort of get away with it for 3 or 4 days as it is short and spikey this colour is only a semi but we are having to go over it every week! surely they must be something better unless we are doing something seriously wrong! she seems to think matrix might do a bright pink but i have never used them and our wholesalers dont seem to either! if anyone has any suggestions can u please post them please

Besy pink I've ever used for brightness and sticking power is crazy colour cyclamen - real old fashioned stuff, my sister used to use it in 70's/80's and it's not really changed, must say something about it! Find Crazy Colour much better than directions, fudge or any others I've tried xxx

hey thanks for the advice will def have a look for it and try it out x

these types of colours will always fade on pre-lightened hair! the hair is far too porous and translucent.

Hi I'm not a hairdresser, but used to dye my hair every mad colour I could back in the day. Red, blue, bright pink...

Definately 'crazy colour' all the way. Being chinese I had to bleach my black hair right up to get the funky colours.

Things I found that really helped was putting on a permanent colour on first a similar shade to the colour I wanted, then putting the crazy colour on after to get the vibrancy. That way when the crazy colour started washing out I'd still have a good colour underneath.

I also used to do the crazy colour bit twice. Wash, dye, wash, dye.

And this sounds gross, but I read this from Jonathan Ross's wife. Fabreeze your hair!

I found myself trying to wash my hair as little as possible in order to keep the colour in. Febeeze and dry shampoos.

Hum, glad those days r over lol x

And this sounds gross, but I read this from Jonathan Ross's wife. Fabreeze your hair!

Love this advice! Always wondered how she keeps her hair consistently bright, thought she just went into hibernation beyond the day of dyeing, wonder if it's a bit pongy close up?!

you really shouldnt be giving any advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi I'm not a hairdresser, but used to dye my hair every mad colour I could back in the day. Red, blue, bright pink...

Definately 'crazy colour' all the way. Being chinese I had to bleach my black hair right up to get the funky colours.

Things I found that really helped was putting on a permanent colour on first a similar shade to the colour I wanted, then putting the crazy colour on after to get the vibrancy. That way when the crazy colour started washing out I'd still have a good colour underneath.

I also used to do the crazy colour bit twice. Wash, dye, wash, dye.

I found myself trying to wash my hair as little as possible in order to keep the colour in. Febeeze and dry shampoos.

Hum, glad those days r over lol x

Latest posts

Back