Pink tones !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jotommo

Reaction score
hi guys.
ok i have a client that has white blonde hair at the top and dark brown underneath!
so she asked me to strip the dark out. but she really means she wants it to the same blonde as on top!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: i have told her no way in this world can that be done without it frying!!!!!:irked:
so i used l'oreal platinium bleach to lift off what we could and the put a light brown semi on it for now.... (just the underneath)
when i bleached it she had layers of every colours as you can imagine..... pink, orange , yellow brown!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
so i have told her too hot oil, condition loads and do not starighten...
its been 4 weeks so i am going back next week to try again!
her hair was ok condition when i left it but i would not of bleached it again!!

any suggestions?? its the pink tones that are the biggest pain, i know red is a killer to shift!!! i just dont know what would neutralise them??
she will probably end up a 8-9 underneath by time i finish but least its closer to what she wants........

i really dont know why i dont just say NO!!!!! haha
thanks peeps much appreciatted xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

green based toner will remove the pink. Scary as hell to use, but the only thing that will clean up a pinky blonde. Dilute it a lot if the hair is porous and liable to really grab. Rather you than me!

i know lol
yeah i thought green.... isnt green a matt colour??
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm??
i thought maybe use an ash? (i know thats for gold but??)
AAAAAAAAARGHHH!!! :eek: haha
do you think if i got it to a 10 with the bleach and the put a 9 semi on its own?? that would cover??
for gods sake i do get myself in some pickles haha
thanks so much xxxxxx

Violet ash and blue ash work on golds and orange tones. Green works on red based problems. Stick a blue ash on pink and you will get a lovely pale mauve.

i think its -yellow green that counteracts purple/pink tones - find yourself a really good in depth colour star theres one in tutorials /articles

:eek: dont want mauve lol
think i'll just see what i get it too with bleach and then recolour with as light a brown/blonde i can get way away with
thanks guys x

I have experiance with pink , it just fades to paler pink, same with orange , sometimes it doesnt go orange , orangeyellow/yellow/yelloworange/yellow /white , it just goes orange , bright orange ,pale bright orange!
Is there anything in her history thats shes not telling you?

well she has put layers and layers of the brown on so it must of had a red/brown in one of them :irked:
she'll have to just have the best i can do coz no way will she the white blonde she wants be:eek:

thanks againxxxx

Latest posts

Back