Pink & White Acrylic - My first critique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abicrunch

Reaction score
This is my first critique. This was done on a friend a while ago. She has a deformed little pinkie that has a little bit of very thin skin that grows down the side. I always have to scuplt this one as it hurts if she has a tip on. The ring finger also is a little deformed. All done using pink sheer & white cnd acrylic. If anyone can give me any tips then please do.

http://www.salongeek.com/members/ab...rmed-these-looked-great-client-very-happy.jpg

hey chick, these are overall very nice, and I'm sure your client is delighted!

I can only suggest a few things to improve them:

using an opaque pink - this would allow you to 'reshape' and lengthen the nail bed on the shorter nails (especially the pinkie)
The thumb is a great proportion of pink to white - I would love to see them all looking this balanced...
Also this would allow you a deeper smile line - you start at the right place on the side wall, but with an opaque, you would be able to come further down (again, this extends the nail bed length...)

The only critisism is the sidewalls - they are not all straight and lined with the finger (most noticable on the index finger) they seem to follow the nail plate growth instead.
When filing the sidewall keep the file in line with the finger rather than the nail plate, this will improve their 'straight' appearance...

Also when finishing, ensure you bring the file right down to the sidewall edge - currently there is a square edge down the sidewall (you can see this on the thumb) This should have a nice taper so you can't see where the product starts/stops...

Latest posts

Back