Placement techniques

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissMuggle

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advanced placement techniques they would be happy to share? I need to be inspired and try new thinks as I find standard colour placement is so boring!

You could start with Google. 'Hair foil placement' and click images.
Also, Pinterest has lots of ideas.

Save a few pics on your phone to have a look at when you need a quick reminder or inspiration. :)

One of my favourite ones from Anthony Presotto's book, 'Fast Foiling for Profit'
It's only £2 on kindle and has a few ideas to get you thinking more creatively.

image.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I'm away to check it out now.[emoji3]

One of my favourite ones from Anthony Presotto's book, 'Fast Foiling for Profit'

View attachment 191051
I have this book too :) does this pic look good in real life? I've never tried because of those diagonal sections it makes me weary it could look stripey?

I've started doing the zig zag. No stripes but I do get confused when I get chatting which way to zig and which way to zag.

I have this book too :) does this pic look good in real life? I've never tried because of those diagonal sections it makes me weary it could look stripey?
Ive used it since AcidPerm posted it last time on short razored asymetric cut level 5v with puple slices looked great no matter which way you styled the top and fringe.:)

Ive used it since AcidPerm posted it last time on short razored asymetric cut level 5v with puple slices looked great no matter which way you styled the top and fringe.:)
I hadn't even considered it for short hair! I will be trying that out :)

Yes, it's a great technique. If you're worried, try it on a shorter haired dolls head using bold colours that really stand out and you can see how it looks when you blow dry it different ways.

Yes, it's a great technique. If you're worried, try it on a shorter haired dolls head using bold colours that really stand out and you can see how it looks when you blow dry it different ways.

I posted this whilst you posted your comment about trying it on shorter hair, lol.

I posted this whilst you posted your comment about trying it on shorter hair, lol.
Ha ha the only trouble I had was placing my body in the right position lol which everyone thought very funny:D but I loved it I use it all the time now .

View attachment 191051
What kid of end result di you get with this foiling pattern? Ive been goin on courses to try and get sum inspiration [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] will deffo try this one out [emoji106][emoji5]️ xxx

Just looked its only in kindle, bummer [emoji19] xxx

Have a look at behind the chair, theyve got loads of how-tos which is really good xx

The annoying thing is o find these cool placements. But don't remember them when I have foils in [emoji17]

Hey guys thanks for the positive feedback on the book. I am looking at updating in the near future.

Hey guys thanks for the positive feedback on the book. I am looking at updating in the near future.
Some pics of the final results would be amazing :) thanks for doing the book I love it

View attachment 191051

Is this done with slices, weaves or both lol x

I did a course yesterday and this is the sectioning pattern they taught, looks better in reality to the pic but looks nice and can't see any lines or anything. I done this using fine slices. IMG_20151029_192722.JPG

Latest posts

Back