Placing of Ombre/dip dye extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D101

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a client who has 1b hair colour all over but would like the faux ombre or balayage look (depending on which is more achievable with extensions) - I have ordered a mixture of 1b and shade 2 extensions and 2 packs of 1bT4 extensions but struggling to even begin to think about where to place them for the desired look (attached photo) - can any of you experts please help? :)

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 41
Anyone?? its really difficult to get an answer on here :(

In my opinion, you aren't going to get a balayage look at all with just extensions and no lifting of her own hair, but ombre is more achievable.
I'd place your lighter colour on the bottom and layer the darker on top, texturize the dark to make it give the illusion it is blending down onto the light, and probably layer light, dark, light dark, so you can bring that dark down, but not just have all the light at the bottom...

Hopefully that makes sense.. kinda hard to give advice since I don't know what the length of the clients hair looks like now, or the goal length

Good luck! :)

I have 4 packs of 25 strands of Ombre and 2 packs of 1b - so shall I ombre all the way up to the top and then do a couple of rows of 1b where the hair will cover?

Hair is bob length and only wanting to achieve 16 inches - its mainly for thickness and to lighten the ends

Yes that sounds like a good plan.. being as the extensions are already ombre that will solve 90% of your trouble.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fabulous! :)

Latest posts

Back