Plannning Permission - Use Classes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire83

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks, just wondering if anyone could help me with a little question.

I've just been on the phone to the local council where I want to set up my salon, and it has been discussed that I will need to pay £335 for a Change of Use for the shop.

Having looked on the Planning Portal website it looks like hairdressers are classed under the A1 (Shop) category, so are nail salons different? If not, why do I need a change of use when the shop was previously an antique furniture shop, surely it is already in the A1 category?

I want to provide manis/pedis, Shellac and Minx for the time being and retail items, so i can't see what the difference is between a hairdressers and nail salon. Sorry if I'm seeming dense or this is a stupid question.

I have a lot to get my head around.

hi i have just had to apply for change of use with my local council for my new salon

according to wakefield council planning department beauty and nails come under the 'sui generis' usage class - so yep you probably will have to apply for change of use

x

Latest posts

Back