Platinum Blonde hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
Hiya all

After some advice about my own hair! My natural hair color is very very dark. For the past 4 years I have been using wella blondor on it and I absolutly love the color.
However my hair isnt growing that well and I guess its due to the blondor. The back grows better than the sides. I do my roots every 5-6 weeks and I dont touch the already blonde hair.

Is there any really good treatments I could use to keep my hair in really good condition? Or a different product I could use instead of the blondor? I dont want to go any darker, my hair is really white and I love it! About 2 years ago I tried a few different shades of blonde and also went to brown and I really really hated them all! So I went back to platinum.

I also get a half head of micro-ring extensions in my hair. I know this isnt the problem as my hair hasnt been growing well since before I started getting extensions a year ago. And in between extensions I go for a trim to keep my ends nice.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me :D

I think you already know the answer to this one ,its probably a combination of things , but mainly the bleach would probably be fine if you never blowdried your hair , brushed it vigorously or went away in the sun oh so many things , but life isnt like that and best will in the world all the everyday damage will be magnified on bleached hair( especially from dark to light). There isnt another way to colour your hair that would lift it as light with less damage , all i can suggest is that you have it done by a proffessional ( you will always have a little overlap , maybe 1 to 2 mm no matter how careful you are and hopefully a pro would have less) and invest in some good restructuring deep conditioners and then hopefully your hair will start to grow more .

Hi
I'm really interested in the Wella Blondor
I too have really dark hair which my hairdresser lightens with highlights but can't get it as light as i want it. So I use sliver shampoo after to get rid of any yellow but then tend to get a build up which looks like a blue rinse! Not a good look.
If my hairdressers uses the Wella Blonder do you think she would get my hair platinum blond?

Latest posts

Back