Platinum blonde...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cphyllisr

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have had platinum blonde hair for years and am a little sick of paying salon prices to have my roots done.

I used to do it myself about 5 years ago and want to try and save some money and do it again.

My hair is short, white blonde.

I have a Sally's near me, what do I buy from start to finish?

There is a reason we go to college for years to train, and hence why you get charged your salon prices.

Especially with bleach, you run the risk of burns on your scalp, damaging your hair irrepairably (IE it doesn't ever grow back) and on a lesser scale, overproccessing it so it snaps off or crumbles.

Don't do this yourself. If you want it cheaper, call a local college. x

Bleach tint is not an easy thing to do....if you try it at home your hair will probably burn off because you won't know how long it should stay on for...
I second Kimmi - go to a college or save up....

yes i say go to a college as it gives people like me experience :D xx

it says u are a hair pro, so u should know what to do??????

hi, sorry i dont mean to be offensive but it really annoys me that people are quick to buy crappy home colours and can go to sallys to buy it themselves but then when the colour dosent go right people dont mind being really cheeky by asking us to correct it.

People m ight as well say your not good enough to colour my hair but are good enough when it needs correcting!
Am sorry but if your not a hair pro you shouldnt be able to buy from there!

Like i said dont wanna come across as horrible but am sick of hearing the same old story!!!!!!

I 2nd that!!!
hi, sorry i dont mean to be offensive but it really annoys me that people are quick to buy crappy home colours and can go to sallys to buy it themselves but then when the colour dosent go right people dont mind being really cheeky by asking us to correct it.

People m ight as well say your not good enough to colour my hair but are good enough when it needs correcting!
Am sorry but if your not a hair pro you shouldnt be able to buy from there!

Like i said dont wanna come across as horrible but am sick of hearing the same old story!!!!!!

To save time, when your hair turns to mush, I rec antisnap by redken.

Am a bit sick of keep typing the same old same old.

If you dont have a clue what to buy, you aint gonna have a clue how to use it.

Kim's advice of going to a college is good advice. You cannot successfully bleach yourself.

look at the persons name - I think its a bit of a leg pull??

am with ya penners i cant even see what is suppose to say ha!:D

Hi All,

I have had platinum blonde hair for years and am a little sick of paying salon prices to have my roots done.

I used to do it myself about 5 years ago and want to try and save some money and do it again.

My hair is short, white blonde.

I have a Sally's near me, what do I buy from start to finish?

Some nice hats :)

Minky, I actually laughed out loud in the salon.

My junior thinks I am mad.

Yes I know a good pom pom wholesaler??? xx

Minky, I actually laughed out loud in the salon.

My junior thinks I am mad.

Yes I know a good pom pom wholesaler??? xx

Hi kimmi, well I hope you haven't been tinkering with your own hair again lol :lol: even us trained hairdressers need another professional to do it properly ... I know I certainly do .... besides I just can't reach round the back to cut it or judge it properly .... :rolleyes: even a trained hairdressers judgement can go to mush when doing thier own hair :Grope:.... hee hee perhaps its a mirror thing .... or knowing we shouldn't be doing it ourselves,
I think everyones hair looks so much better when they have it done by another professional ,
lol :o :Grope: :lol:

Latest posts

Back