Platinum Software v Salon Iris- Advice pls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenbeautyroo

Reaction score
Hi
I'm just choosing between Platinum salon and Iris software for my salon.
Does anyone use either of the above and have good or bad comments to help me finally choose?! There is only 3 of us in the salon but I would really like to be able to keep tract of sales and treatments better and also be able to SMS clients.
Thanks
X

I use salon iris and love it. Think you can download a free trial and have a go. I done this on my home computer and played around with it for about a month until I got the hang of it and purchased the software for the salon. It has loads of features, probably more than enough for what your needing, including SMS text remiders which dramatically decreased the number of no-shows.

I've never use the other software that you mentioned, but I have been more than pleased with the salon iris. Hope this helps.

I've got Salon Iris and I like it OK.... I can see plenty of area's they could have done better but for the job it's designed for it works OK. I will be happier when the next upgrade comes out though as I'm a bit frustrated that I have all these client email addresses and can't send out mass email advertising so far as I am aware. I believe the next upgrade will allow for that though, at which point I will be 100% happy again! :p

It just seems really complicated the Iris software. I downloaded the demo but can't get my head round booking appointments even...
thanks for advice

I had narrowed mine down to 2-Platinum and Xtensions. In the end i went for xtensions as their customer service is second to none. There is always someone at the end of the phone should any problems arise. the system is very easy to use and very similar to platinum. Xtensions branched off from Platinum which is why their systems are very similar but customer service in my book is extremely important. Platinum were very helpful but at the time i purchased my system they were charging £5 a week extra for telephone support which was one phone call a week which is no good when you first have a system and need to call a few times-well if you're a technophobe like me that is! This may have changed but i am extremely happy with Xtensions and always look forward to my little chats with Adam when i call!

We use Platinum and have used them for a number of years, one of the points you made about Iris, its a complicated system to get to grips with, Platinum is built specifically to have simple screens that suit a busy desk or those people that are not that great with computers. I took Platinum in to the salon that I worked at for that main reason. Their support is great, yes you do pay for telephone support but only after the intial free trial period and only if you feel you want/need it. I have found all their other help options more than enough.

I have seen many other comments about Platinum on here, maybe looking at a few of them will help?

Before making your decision trial each software in your salon for a couple of weeks and see which the staff find the most user friendly. Whilst you are having your trial it may also be a good idea to ring the provider with any queries thoughout the two weeks to enable you to trial their customer support service.
Also make sure you're fully aware of any ongoing costs eg support, training, install and updates before commiting yourself to the purchase!

Just to point out, I do marketing emails through a different online program and client details are easily uploaded, but salon iris v9 is out now and they do have options to make email marketing easier.

I don't know how you would have a problem working it, I'm not computer savvy at all, but managed to get it quite easily - there are videos on utube to show you what to do. xx

Emarketing and auto reminders is really simple with Platinum, you can send to all customers on your database, an individual or to certain groups via reporting ie. those that had a particular treatment or bought a certain product. All this by the click of a button!

The auto's do not even need that, the Reminders, thank you for coming, Happy Birthday, No show and proactives can all be switched on to be sent via email and or SMS text message automatically. The system does it for you.
The auto reminders by SMS in my salon cut down my No shows by 80%.
I can't praise it enough!

Hi,

This is well over a year ago now, but I was working in a salon that used Platinum and it was too basic. I'm now in a salon that uses Salon Advance. We haven't got an especially large team and we have the features you have mentioned.

Bets of luck finding the software you want.

Sophie

Latest posts

Back