Please can someone help getting frustrated!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have been working from a home studio for about a year now, however I am trying desperately to find somewhere to rent in Maidstone, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks or surrounding areas. Whether it be a room or sole use of a property.

I have tried ads on Gumtree, Friday Ad etc. even on here with no advice! I have tried generally searches daily on google, job sites etc. I have done a paid email campaign to gyms and hotels locally too.

I dont know what else to do! I went to see a space in Tonbridge today £70 a week and it turned out to be a tiny corner in a wig shop! Totally not what was advertised!

I am fairly flexible for budget, and hope that someone can please help me.

Please, please can someone help me, what is the magic listing site I have missed lol ???

hi, I'm having the EXACT same problem in my area! Seems like no one is renting out beauty rooms any more, its really weird? most of the beauty jobs I've seen (about 5 in the last 6 months) are full time employee positions but I can only work part time which is no good for me. I haven't even seen anybody advertising for a percentage split either. Which is odd because 2 years ago when I finished college there were mainly only renting positions available you'd struggle to find a salon that was employing a beauty therapist. Its really frustrating but I'm wondering how long do i keep looking before giving up and getting work in retail or something, bills to pay and all that. Not much advice but at least your not the only one who is struggling.

I am glad I am not the only one! I was starting to think there was something seriously wrong with me!

I don't really want to go employed if I can help it and most salons won't take me as I am tattooed, bit of a 50s rockabilly gal who rides a motorbike. It's fine for being self employed as my customers are looking for people like me who they feel don't judge appearance. But when it comes to working in a spa for example I was turned down for a job because of them and seeing as it was the third time this happened I resolved I would just work for myself and be myself

hi, I'm having the EXACT same problem in my area! Seems like no one is renting out beauty rooms any more, its really weird? most of the beauty jobs I've seen (about 5 in the last 6 months) are full time employee positions but I can only work part time which is no good for me. I haven't even seen anybody advertising for a percentage split either. Which is odd because 2 years ago when I finished college there were mainly only renting positions available you'd struggle to find a salon that was employing a beauty therapist. Its really frustrating but I'm wondering how long do i keep looking before giving up and getting work in retail or something, bills to pay and all that. Not much advice but at least your not the only one who is struggling.
I think the reason most people don't offer percentage split anymore is because it's no good for the salons. Uncertain, if any, income. Just like you, with bills to pay etc, they can't pay shop rent not knowing if the renter is going to pay £10 this month or £500.

If we could all pay a percentage of our earnings as rent on our homes that would be fantastic! :)

I would prefer a room to pay a set weekly or monthly rent so I know the space is mine so to speak I can have my equipment there and market for there be there everyday the salon is open. But maybe I am expecting too much!

In an ideal world being employed is my first choice, because it's easier .I just turn up don't have to worry about filling in my tax return, clients are already there I don't have to pay for stock or promotions. But realistically being a self employed renter is best (all I can get) because I don't want full time, I've not been in the industry that long and I'm only level 2. But what do you do when you can't find a space? That's my question! Oh and at a fair price would help too lol!

Latest posts

Back