Please can you help me find hair up do pics for a wedding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baggybear

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks.

I'm after some help with my hair for a wedding I'm attending on Sat 3rd Sept.

My hair is long (just past my elbows when down), one length, dark brown (continually box dyed to cover lots of grey) and I have flyaway whispy bits all over that NEVER stay put. I'm having it cut/trimmed on the Thurs before wedding to remove all the dead ends I have and tidy it up (been naughty and not had it cut for over a year so it needs sorting - prob 2/3" off).

On the Sat morning I have an appointment first thing with my local salon for hair up (same one who is cutting it) but they don't have any books or pictures for me to look at to choose a style or to show them what I do/don't like.

They have sent me off to find pictures of what I like so they can see what I want. The thing is I have no idea where to look for hair up pics and with my hair being so long there will be some designs that I can't have or will need major adjusting but I can't really tell what I can have or not by just looking at a pic.

Is there anyone out there that can post pics or direct me to somewhere with pics so I can find something I like and print it out for them.

Just for extra info this is my dress, shoes and sparkly toes for the day.
Corsagedresspink.jpg
Corsagedresspinkback-1.jpg

Same details as this black and white dress but in all pinks & reds.
Corsagedressbw.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

I'm going to crystalise the left big toe to match the right as soon as my order of coloured swarovski crystals arrive (they seem to have been lost in the post by Royal Mail :rolleyes: ).

Really hope someone out there can help me find the perfect up doo.

Thanks. x

Hi

I have some styles in my album that my daughter created, they are much along the same lines but that's because people find them on our website and ask for the same design.

Hth's

Hi

I have some styles in my album that my daughter created, they are much along the same lines but that's because people find them on our website and ask for the same design.

Hth's
Hi, I just checked your 3 albums on here but you only have a few pics of your daughter, a nail and some glitter tatoo's none of hair at all. Can you pop a link on for me if it's albums on another site please.

Just google hair up styles. You might see a bit on one that you like and a bit of another etc...

For some reason I had it set to private album, don't ask why lol

Just google hair up styles. You might see a bit on one that you like and a bit of another etc...
Thanks, I have been off and had a little look and found a few that may look nice & as you say have thought that bit would look nice on me but not that bit on some styles. I'll put the pics I've found on in a bit once I've finished looking.

For some reason I had it set to private album, don't ask why lol
Just checked again and there are still only the 3 albums for me to view :irked:

I like the back of this one
updo5.jpg

With the plait similar to this, but starting from behind the ear so the plait is going all the way accross the front
Plait2.jpg

Or this one but the fringe bit off my face more
updo3.jpg

What do you think of those with my outfit & would they be able to do those with my long hair?

Argh, don't understand it. Have changed some settings, hope that's done it. A good hairdresser should be able to play about to see what kind of effect your looking for and look at your outfit and be guided.

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Argh, don't understand it. Have changed some settings, hope that's done it. A good hairdresser should be able to play about to see what kind of effect your looking for and look at your outfit and be guided.

from Debbie's HTC Sense

I can see it now :D.

I like them especially the long blond curly one. I am wanting all my hair up off my neck as the wedding is an all day event and I dont want my hair getting wrecked too early when I sweat dancing lol.

I think they might look a bit "bridey" for you to wear to a wedding. Especially the first one.

will pop on a few links of pics i've just looked at
Classy Updos for Prom, Weddings and More
Classy Updos for Prom -- Becki Newton
Google Images
might not be the kind of thing you're after but they are a bit more relaxed than ones you posted

Thanks for those pics, the problems is that they all have loose straggley bits framing the face that make it more relaxed but I couldn't have those as my hair is all 1 length (long) and I think it would look like a normal day for me as I often pull my hair back off my face ino buns and plaited buns for work as it's too long to just have it in a ponytail (it flops over my shoulder and into my way lol).

Although the first photo I posted is 'bridey' I planned to have a plait framing my face to make it more of a summery look and I was going to ask for it to look more messy in the back and not so perfectly placed (the loop bits), would that work?

Maybe I should go with them curling my hair and puting it in a bun like the 3rd photo I posted - that's not so far from the ones you posted but looks different & like I made an effort because of the curls.

I want to look nice and like I have made an effort as this wedding is a very small one with the couple choosing only a very select few to attend the service & I am one of those select few.

Obviously I dont wanna outdo the bride, but I am wearing a red dress that looks nothing like a wedding dress so I thought I could get away with my hair being more 'done'. If it is too much I'm stumped with what to do with my hair that will look like I made an effort but not too overdressed.

With the plait similar to this, but starting from behind the ear so the plait is going all the way accross the front
Plait2.jpg

Or this one but the fringe bit off my face more
updo3.jpg

What do you think of those with my outfit & would they be able to do those with my long hair?

I like these two, I don't think there too bridey.
But I don't think you want to much fuss at the front, like a plait, as all the detail is on the front of your dress and may look a bit too much.

Could you not book in for a trial pin up, and the style you like the most keep it in and try your dress on with it?
x

Just a thought from a hairdresser, if your gonna have something that is quite complicated and involves lots of curling etc, make sure you've explained to your hairdresser before hand he/so she can book enough time out cos these up do can take forever, even the messy ones !

Thanks everyone for your advice. I decided to go with this one as it's clear I've made an effort but it's not too much:

updo3.jpg

I am getting my hair cut on the Thurs and will take the photo in with me then so they know what I want doing on the Sat and I already have the first appointment of the day booked in for Sat so can't go any earlier but did say when I went in to book the appointment (with my hair down so she could see how long it is) what sort of thing I wanted doing to it and she said she would curl it - so the appointment she booked in should be long enough. Fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back