Please help, business advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixy

Reaction score
ok so this might be long but please bear with me.
im a newly qualified beauty therapist who loves doing nails. i have recently moved back to my home town. when i was going to college, in a different city, i worked from home in a spare room i had set up.
now im home and theres no spare room i can work in.
im only going to be here for about 9months before moving country so this is only short term really.
im the only one qualified in my area(20-30mile radius) at the moment to do nail enhancements and eyelash extensions. i have itec, cibtac qualification and have done my cideso exam but have not completed my work experience hours yet. ive beengoing mad looking for jobs but unfortunately i havnt found anything suitable yet.
so i see my options as-

1) rent a room some where and set up a new business (i dont really see the point of going to the trouble as by the time i have a client base ill be moving again)

2) do nails in a hairdressers, ie while some one is getting colour and its developing being able to do there nails while there sitting there any ways. (does anyone do this at the moment? how did you approach the hairdressers)

3) try and get work experience in a beauty salon, get my cideso hours, and maybe i might be able to offer nail enhancements and eyelash extensions form the salon and pay commission to the owner?(i would love to do this but as i have a daughter to take care of i need some kind of payment for my hours, as even tho im only doing work exp my benefits will be cut)

so what do ye think, would any of those options work? if you were a salon owner and were already fully staffed, and someone came along that could had treatments and clients to your business would you consider hiring that person?

tea(read wine) and cookies of anyone who made it this far:biggrin:

First of all, I love your enthusiasm and work ethic.

Do you have a car? Could you work mobile?

Other than that, seeing as you're moving soon, option 3 would probably be the most suitable.

Hopefully someone more helpful will be along soon.

Good luck!

Oh, I'll have a wine thanks xx

First of all, I love your enthusiasm and work ethic.

Do you have a car? Could you work mobile?

Other than that, seeing as you're moving soon, option 3 would probably be the most suitable.

Hopefully someone more helpful will be along soon.

Good luck!

Oh, I'll have a wine thanks xx

thanks hun :) going to go round with my cv tomorrow and have a chat with some of the salon owners around me and see if we can work something out. just want to have some kind of idea of what im going to say before i go.

wine is on the way lol :wink2:

Latest posts

Back