Please help me decide-gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie1katie

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at buying a gel nail polish kit and have been deciding which brand to go with for quite a while now and am still not much wiser, I saw today the amazing value offer they have on Groupon for a millenium gel polish nails kit at £xx and thought I need to buy but had a look at some reviews first and found lots on tropix.com and they where all terrible which really put me off but then also seen some really good ones on the millenium nails website, so thought I may aswell put out my own post to get some answers. I was going to go with gelish but when I seen this cheap offer I thought it might be worth it... Or maybe not??

Would really appreciate some advice if anyone has used the system before.

Thanks,
Katie.

Last edited by a moderator:
let me put it this way, if you can buy it on groupon then anyone can!which means people can do their own....if you are a serious tech then you wont go for the cheap option but save and get a decent product that only QUALIFIED techs can buy.

second to that do you see any other nail companies selling on groupon etc??there is a reason for it!

Gelish all the way. I am not trained but have started to use it. . It lasts 3 weeks and is so easy to apply like a nail varnish. Just join the gelish lovers group on here, and watch you tube video's, follow the instructions on gelish website also on how to apply. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm looking at buying a gel nail polish kit and have been deciding which brand to go with for quite a while now and am still not much wiser, I saw today the amazing value offer they have on Groupon for a millenium gel polish nails kit at £xx and thought I need to buy but had a look at some reviews first and found lots on tropix.com and they where all terrible which really put me off but then also seen some really good ones on the millenium nails website, so thought I may aswell put out my own post to get some answers. I was going to go with gelish but when I seen this cheap offer I thought it might be worth it... Or maybe not??

Would really appreciate some advice if anyone has used the system before.

Thanks,
Katie.

May I recommend that you avoid experimenting with gel polish systems (this often causes more harm than good), and either invest in some training and/or education or alternatively, ask a Nail Professional to apply it for you.

Gelish all the way. I am not trained but have started to use it. . It lasts 3 weeks and is so easy to apply like a nail varnish. Just join the gelish lovers group on here, and watch you tube video's, follow the instructions on gelish website also on how to apply. Good luck!

Even if you are using Gelish without system specific training, it's not advisable nor sensible to obtain instructions in the form of DIY via You Tube and the like. By the way though, is your insurance company aware that you are using this system without the required training/certificate?

Also it says you are a hair professional, so I am assuming untrained in nails as of yet? Apologies if my assumption is incorrect but you would need to do at least a mani course before going for any kind of Gel, gel polish or power polish kit......

Ha! You can do what you like with any products if you use them on yourself, which is what I do! I don't do it as a job.

Last edited:
I wouldn't as a client of mine bought it and didnt realise but it came to £300 ans he didn't even receive a brush, cuticle pusher or any lint free pads which should be used for defs. Not a good idea.

Well not sure why it says I'm a hair professional cause I'm not but I am new to this so I may of ticked a wrong box. I am a qualified nail technician actually and work with other gels in my work place but gelish is not something I have used before and was thinking of getting it as I am starting up mobile so I am aware that I have to go on the training ... I wouldn't spend all that money to then teach my self and have clients not happy...

Well not sure why it says I'm a hair professional cause I'm not but I am new to this so I may of ticked a wrong box. I am a qualified nail technician actually and work with other gels in my work place but gelish is not something I have used before and was thinking of getting it as I am starting up mobile so I am aware that I have to go on the training ... I wouldn't spend all that money to then teach my self and have clients not happy...

To amend your Profile, click Settings, click Your Profile, click About Me and edit as required. This will help to avoid any confusion for other geek members in the future.

Latest posts

Back