Please help! New to salon work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R-Stacey

Reaction score
I really need some professional advice, to cut a long story short I work in a hair salon offering an add on service of manicures, pedicures and gels. I have approx 20 gel and 20 normal varnish colours, I keep telling my employers that I need more colours but they seem to think I'm being unreasonable. How many on average of each should I have available for clients to choose from? Granted I'm not particularly busy as I have only been there for 5 months but I do have regulars that are getting bored with the lack of choice. Any advice will be gratefully received, thanks in advance x

Can you not layer the colours you have to make new ones?

Show them CND additives or pigments as you can make so many colours with those using existing colours. Different tones, shimmers etc.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know how you feel. Why don't you mention regular clients are mentioning how you don't have any new colours and you're worried tbey try somewhere else for new colours, if you have a good few regulars one gel polish by each would cover the cost of a few new colours.

Clients will alway ask for new color no matter how many colors you have. I have lot of color but they still ask for this.

Thank you for your feedback, I use Jessica products and my boss doesn't want me to add additives or glitters they don't want to 'complicate' services, but I will look at layering.
I have said that clients have asked for other colours, and they have, but it fell on deaf ears.
I realise that people always want more, don't we all :wink2: but the colours I have are all variations of the same colour. I just feel that they wouldn't offer their hair clients blonde, brown or red with no variants.
Thanks again x

Thank you for your feedback, I use Jessica products and my boss doesn't want me to add additives or glitters they don't want to 'complicate' services, but I will look at layering.
I have said that clients have asked for other colours, and they have, but it fell on deaf ears.
I realise that people always want more, don't we all :wink2: but the colours I have are all variations of the same colour. I just feel that they wouldn't offer their hair clients blonde, brown or red with no variants.
Thanks again x

I find that sad as the options are limitless with a bit of pigment and glitter. They don't have to spend a vast amount and glitter and different colours create more profit.

Are you allowed to no nail art etc?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

No nail art, glitter or additives just the same boring colours!

Next time your customercomment on lack of colours politely suggest they mention it to your bosses. They may listen to customers mire than you.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Its the age old argument between therapist and purse holder. The books have to balance unfortunately. Give them any colour trhey want as long as its black.

Latest posts

Back