Please help! What is this after half leg wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said earlier it is definitely not that unusual and caused by wearing tight clothing after waxing and not getting a proper airing. Tell the her to tell the dr you said this. This is just experience when I see this (which is only ever every few years) I'm able to say immediately what it is and what caused it and yes it's boils not bites or reaction. This is when you need to be assertive!

Yeah it was the same wax I tested on me that I used on her legs.

Thankyou for your advice - it is so much appreciated. I will get in touch with her and ask her these things that have been suggested.

Ask her to see a doctor, we can't diagnose any conditions anyway.

As I said earlier it is definitely not that unusual and caused by wearing tight clothing after waxing and not getting a proper airing. Tell the her to tell the dr you said this. This is just experience when I see this (which is only ever every few years) I'm able to say immediately what it is and what caused it and yes it's boils not bites or reaction. This is when you need to be assertive!

Thanks for all the replies guys. I think I am just going to leave it now tbh. If she gets back in touch I will say this though, but I have been in touch with a message in my eyes saying "it's not me". Don't want to harass her as I think it could go the other way then and make her think I'm really worried, which I am but don't want her to know iykwim!

What do you tell clients to do when you see this?

I have to say they look like bites to me. I would say they are on one leg cus the mozzie went up one of her trouser legs an bit her a few times. I get bites like this and they generally itch like mad. Xxx

Much though I hate to be negative here... but you say you use non-disposable spatulas? so unless I've lost the plot that would mean you double dip right?

Personally I wouldn't double dip - no matter how careful you are with cleaning the thing afterwards I'd still say that there is a chance you could be putting bacteria back in your wax which might then thrive and could infect a future client... I know many might disagree with me but personally I won't double dip... it's too easy to just use wooden spatulas and dispose from each application - they are not that expensive that I can't factor them into my costs :)

Much though I hate to be negative here... but you say you use non-disposable spatulas? so unless I've lost the plot that would mean you double dip right?

Personally I wouldn't double dip - no matter how careful you are with cleaning the thing afterwards I'd still say that there is a chance you could be putting bacteria back in your wax which might then thrive and could infect a future client... I know many might disagree with me but personally I won't double dip... it's too easy to just use wooden spatulas and dispose from each application - they are not that expensive that I can't factor them into my costs :)

I trained with Kim and personally do as we did on her courses. When using hot wax I use wooden spatulas and once they have been in the wax pot and onto the skin they are thrown away. I use metal spatulas for leg waxing as it makes it so much quicker, and if I have to go back over again after the initial application I use a wooden spatula. I didn't think there was anything wrong with this as the spatula has not come into contact with broken skin?

I think the topic is open to debate - personally I don't double dip on any area including legs - broken skin or not, the skin is a barrier that protects us from infection - if anything is on that skin which has not been killed by your pre-wax cleaner then you could be picking it up and putting it in the pot. I spent many years in the past working in labs (as IT consultant) and the rules and regulations relating to hygiene to prevent cross contamination were drilled into me there. Maybe I'm over cautious but I like to minimise any chances of contamination where possible - not double dipping to me is such an easy risk reducer that I can't bring myself to even contemplate double dipping - as said - maybe I'm over cautious but I guess walking into labs where I had to wear sealed suits to work on the computers might do that to you ;)
I know Lori Nestore used to double dip but I believe it's actually illegal in some states/countries so she's no longer doing it on her new Ball of Wax dvd - haven't seen the new one so not 100% sure!

Hi HellishBellish
I just looked at this picture and thaught that it could be epeira bites. I dont know if you have some where you live.
it's a little jumping spider . If you lay on a sofa or site on a grass and have one under you, it will bite you in just a small area. It becomes itchy and gets ugly like your pic if you scratch the bites.
The spider is tiny and you dont feel the bites, but after so.
That could explain why she has it only on one leg and didnt get it with your first waxing.
Kindly Sue, xxx

im not a skin geek but why is any one trying to diagnose this??? its not our place as any proffesional unless we are doctors all you would say to your client is i can not explain what this and can not diagnose i suggest you see your gp and check everything is ok and let me know how it goes x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Ask her to see a doctor, we can't diagnose any conditions anyway.

agree

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I know this a old post but I have the exact same reaction to getting waxed of epilated. I have extremely sensitive skin and when I have been waxed I come out in big boils where the hair follicle has become infected. Nothing the product or therapist has done. Takes a few days to go and is very painful bit unfortunately that's the way my skin is and nothing has changed the fact I can't hair hair pulled out appose to being shaved off.

It's called folliculitis, this from the net:
- Folliculitis is inflammation of one or more hair follicles. It can occur anywhere on the skin. Symptoms: Common symptoms include a rash, itching, and pimples or pustules near a hair follicle in the neck, groin, or genital area ...

I have known it to happen on a clients back, not very nice.
No matter what precautions you take, after care etc it will always happen if the client is prone to it!

I've has the exact same thing before. It happened in 2010, I cant remember though if I waxed before I got them I just remember seeing them on my legs as they were itchy. It started of a couple then before I knew it they were all over both my legs and the red area was swollen all around it. I was on antibiotics for weeks as 2 doctors couldn't work out what they were and 2 sets of antibiotics failed to clear it up, by the end of it I became very unwell and my body went into what I can only describe as 'breakdown mode'. The ambulance crew believed it was because I had been on too many antibiotics but who knows. The docs believed it was folliculitis but antibiotics to treat this never cleared it up so I never really got to the bottom of what it was which is annoying but it cleared up eventually and scarred for a few weeks before my legs went back to normal.

Latest posts

Back