Please help! What is this after half leg wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know whether these are painful to touch or changing in size?
If they are in anyway uncomfortable, she should see the GP as a priority.
If certain bacterias are on the skin and they enter the open pore/follicule then you can get a reaction like this. (NB normal pre wax gel doesnt kill them and so you could have done all appropriate prep and still not avoided this). Treatment is normally to elevate legs, avoid exercise and a course of antibiotics.

Last edited:
I really don't think it looks like a
histamine reaction unless she has really itched it!! They do look like bites however, I would be advising her to see her gp. One of them looks everso swollen. Anything like that could be folliculitis.

It doesn't look like anything you have done but advising her to see her GP puts the ball into her court.

I would ring her rather than text & just say You poor thing! Any chance you have been bitten? Are they itchy? If she says def not bites then follow above advice. Ask her to let u know what the gp says and be v cautious about waxing her again.

Sometimes things like this happen i wouldnt get into whose fault it is, it possibly isn't anybodys. Dont worry x x x

If it was a reaction it would be everywhere the product touched! These do look like bites and if as you said he has just moved it could be to do with new house!

I'd say that she's been bitten!

Definitely looks like bites to me!!! :-/

These look identical to the bites my mum got from out cats when they had been in the fields and they picked up something called rabbit fleas (they get them in the ears).. Myself and my dad have never been bitted but wheneva they pick them up my mum gets bitten but we dont.. But the bites look exactly the same and in the same pattern, she also dusnt always get them on both legs!! Dogs can also pick up these rabbit fleas!!

Wow, thank you all for your replies!! I texted her before saying the advice on here, and suggested they look like insect bites or a histamine reaction. I said to carry on with tea tree or aloe Vera and anti-histamines if possible, and that if they haven't gone in a few days she may want to visit the doctor. She text me back saying she thought that (though in an earlier text told me that she "knew I hadn't done it on purpose") because they were itchy but she couldn't think of anything that could have bitten her there. She said she would make a dr appointment anyway and if they go down cancel it, but said she would be in touch.

Just hope the doctor doesn't turn round and say it's me! If it goes that far. I hope it's not folliculitis - I do my damned best to make everything sanitary and hygienic where physically possible :( I do a thorough consultation, wash hands, wear gloves and apron, test wax, clean areas, after wax, give aftercare sheets...everything! You guys have made me feel loads better though, thankyou so so much - hugs all round me thinks :)

Bites!!!

But can I just ask one thing - the temp of your wax seems a bit high! I have mine at 61 on a Hive digital! Regardless the temp would not cause this sort of reaction.

She has SO been bitten by something.

My cats used to come home with fleas when they were younger... and these look just like that... then again if a mozzy comes near me it looks like this too! I'm leaning more towards mozzy as this is what happens to me if one of the blighters get in the bedroom and I only have 1 leg sticking out from under the duvet.... When the cats have had fleas I tend to get bitten on both legs but only up to about mid calf height... fleas can live in carpets for a long time so just because the dog isn't with her at the moment doesn't mean the fleas aren't still there...

And don't worry if the Dr says it is Folliculitis - that still doesn't mean its your fault!!! You have taken all the precautions you can!

I was actually going to say fleas always leave a few bites at a time X x x

Bites!!!

But can I just ask one thing - the temp of your wax seems a bit high! I have mine at 61 on a Hive digital! Regardless the temp would not cause this sort of reaction.

She has SO been bitten by something.

Do you use the same wax? I use that temp coz that's just how I was trained to when I used it. Has just carried on really. Interested to hear about which wax you use though? Thanks for your reply :)

My cats used to come home with fleas when they were younger... and these look just like that... then again if a mozzy comes near me it looks like this too! I'm leaning more towards mozzy as this is what happens to me if one of the blighters get in the bedroom and I only have 1 leg sticking out from under the duvet.... When the cats have had fleas I tend to get bitten on both legs but only up to about mid calf height... fleas can live in carpets for a long time so just because the dog isn't with her at the moment doesn't mean the fleas aren't still there...

Whoah I have learnt so much on this thread about flea bites lol! I wonder if there was something in the carpet from the previous occupants of her new flat :S

Whoah I have learnt so much on this thread about flea bites lol! I wonder if there was something in the carpet from the previous occupants of her new flat :S

Very possible!

And of course if a flea jumps up one trouser leg then only one leg will get bitten lol

And don't worry if the Dr says it is Folliculitis - that still doesn't mean its your fault!!! You have taken all the precautions you can!

I was actually going to say fleas always leave a few bites at a time X x x

Thankyou, I guess I just don't want the doctor to berate me and tell her otherwise. I wouldn't put it past some! Thanks for all the replies, each and every one is appreciated. I am kind of proud a thread I started has had this many replies!! Sad I know..!

These are definitely bites, look like horse fly. Flea bites tends to be smaller and around the ankle area :biggrin:

You'd know if a horsefly bit you... and they only tend to do it once... :) (and they HURT!!!!! I grew up in stables and I've had my share lol never had more than one bite at a time and they came up much bigger than that but then I do tend to react to anything biting me...)

Hi,

My mums a nurse practitioner and she's just a had a look at the pic, she says it's definatly not an allergic reaction.

Hi,

My mums a nurse practitioner and she's just a had a look at the pic, she says it's definatly not an allergic reaction.

Wow thankyou for doing that, and letting me know. I'm getting the impression that this is something totally out of my control now, which is making me feel better! Thanks again.

Wow thankyou for doing that, and letting me know. I'm getting the impression that this is something totally out of my control now, which is making me feel better! Thanks again.

The sun is out so maybe she WAS walking in the long grass with all the mozzies lol xx

Hope you feel better now and more confident when dealing with her.

Hopefully she will think you are great for being able to offer so many solutions along with the probable correct one. Bites.

xx

The sun is out so maybe she WAS walking in the long grass with all the mozzies lol xx

Hope you feel better now and more confident when dealing with her.

Hopefully she will think you are great for being able to offer so many solutions along with the probable correct one. Bites.

xx

Very true, she could have been. She has been manically cleaning her flat as well because she said it was grimy so I don't know if a product has done something.

I definitely do, thankyou very much!

In the text I sent to her I said I had shown her picture to some waxing experts I knew and I include you in this!

Latest posts

Back