Please help! What is this after half leg wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true, she could have been. She has been manically cleaning her flat as well because she said it was grimy so I don't know if a product has done something.

I definitely do, thankyou very much!

In the text I sent to her I said I had shown her picture to some waxing experts I knew and I include you in this!

:Love: xxx

This happened to me 15 years ago. I was gutted and the woman blamed me, turned out she wore tight clothing afterwards and was working in a nursing home, it happens when you do not properly air your legs after waxing and the temperature is hotte, think it is a sort of infection. Do not let her blame you, it has happened about once or twice since alway daft client who wear dirty tight clothes and run off to the gym afterwards. Remember tell you clients no tight clothing and no sweaty exercise after waxing, if they don't listen not your problem.

baltod is an indian term is just as boils....it mostly occurs of infection caused by plucking of hair or follicle!
its can be cured by takin a simple antibiotic or home remedies r listed below!
I always have them on my back.

At the outset, a painful red nodule appears on the skin. The nodule grows bigger and then breaks down in the middle where pus collects. The boils patient experiences a lot of irritation and itching. The boil may appear as a single skin boil, or many boils in the same area or in different areas at or about the same time, or boils may come in successive crops. The swelling may either be limited to one hair follicle or extend to several follicles. When skin boils ripen, they give out a discharge. Fever may sometimes arise in a person with boils.

Boils are caused mainly by staphylococcus germs. These enter sweat glands or hair follicles. The essential cause of boils is thus bacterial. However, there are several factors which predispose the growth of bacteria in hair follicles.

Boils treatment using Garlic and Onion

Garlic and Onions have been proved to be among the most effective home remedy for boils treatment among several other remedies. Onion juice or garlic juice may be applied on boils externally to ripen them, break and evacuate the pus. Juices of both these vegetables can be mixed in equal quantities and applied on the boil for beneficial results.
Boils treatment using Bitter Gourd

Bitter Gourd is also an effective home remedy for blood filled boils. To treat boils, a cupful of fresh bitter gourd juice can be mixed with 1 teaspoon of lime juice, sipped on slowly on an empty stomach everyday for a few days.
Boils treatment using Milk Cream

Milk cream remedy is useful in the treatment of boils. An excellent poultice for boils cure is, to apply a mixture of a teaspoon each of milk cream and vinegar with a pinch of turmeric powder. This helps to ripen the blood boils and heal them without letting them become sceptic

Boils treatment using Margosa Leaves

Margosa leaves have proven effective in treating boils. They can be either used as a poultice, liniment or decoction with positive results. To make the decoction, boil 15 gm of margosa leaves in 500 ml water till it is reduced by one-third.

Boils treatment using Turmeric

Applying turmeric powder on boils speeds healing process. In case of fresh boils, roast a few dry roots of turmeric, dissolve the ashes in a cupful of water and then apply over the affected areas. This solution aids boils to ripen and burst.

Just few remedies too hope that helps.

As this is on her arm, I think they look like bedbug bites, as this is the correct area where bed bites would bite.

There is an epidemic of bedbugs in the country at the moment, so it is posible.

Sorry iv'e just seen it's her leg not arm, they still do look like bedbug bites, but it's more likely flea bites.

This happened to me 15 years ago. I was gutted and the woman blamed me, turned out she wore tight clothing afterwards and was working in a nursing home, it happens when you do not properly air your legs after waxing and the temperature is hotte, think it is a sort of infection. Do not let her blame you, it has happened about once or twice since alway daft client who wear dirty tight clothes and run off to the gym afterwards. Remember tell you clients no tight clothing and no sweaty exercise after waxing, if they don't listen not your problem.

Thanks for your reply! I think she was wearing skinny jeans and boots actually from what I remember, so that could tie in. Thanks for making me feel better too :)

baltod is an indian term is just as boils....it mostly occurs of infection caused by plucking of hair or follicle!
its can be cured by takin a simple antibiotic or home remedies r listed below!
I always have them on my back.

At the outset, a painful red nodule appears on the skin. The nodule grows bigger and then breaks down in the middle where pus collects. The boils patient experiences a lot of irritation and itching. The boil may appear as a single skin boil, or many boils in the same area or in different areas at or about the same time, or boils may come in successive crops. The swelling may either be limited to one hair follicle or extend to several follicles. When skin boils ripen, they give out a discharge. Fever may sometimes arise in a person with boils.

Boils are caused mainly by staphylococcus germs. These enter sweat glands or hair follicles. The essential cause of boils is thus bacterial. However, there are several factors which predispose the growth of bacteria in hair follicles.

Boils treatment using Garlic and Onion

Garlic and Onions have been proved to be among the most effective home remedy for boils treatment among several other remedies. Onion juice or garlic juice may be applied on boils externally to ripen them, break and evacuate the pus. Juices of both these vegetables can be mixed in equal quantities and applied on the boil for beneficial results.
Boils treatment using Bitter Gourd

Bitter Gourd is also an effective home remedy for blood filled boils. To treat boils, a cupful of fresh bitter gourd juice can be mixed with 1 teaspoon of lime juice, sipped on slowly on an empty stomach everyday for a few days.
Boils treatment using Milk Cream

Milk cream remedy is useful in the treatment of boils. An excellent poultice for boils cure is, to apply a mixture of a teaspoon each of milk cream and vinegar with a pinch of turmeric powder. This helps to ripen the blood boils and heal them without letting them become sceptic

Boils treatment using Margosa Leaves

Margosa leaves have proven effective in treating boils. They can be either used as a poultice, liniment or decoction with positive results. To make the decoction, boil 15 gm of margosa leaves in 500 ml water till it is reduced by one-third.

Boils treatment using Turmeric

Applying turmeric powder on boils speeds healing process. In case of fresh boils, roast a few dry roots of turmeric, dissolve the ashes in a cupful of water and then apply over the affected areas. This solution aids boils to ripen and burst.

Just few remedies too hope that helps.

Wow, thankyou! All the things she has told me they are doing (itching etc) tie in with this, so it definitely seems to be an infection or bites...

Thanks for your reply, I will wait to hear back about what she says they're doing, I never even considered they could discharge. We shall see!

Sorry iv'e just seen it's her leg not arm, they still do look like bedbug bites, but it's more likely flea bites.

Thanks for your reply. I didn't know there was an outbreak of bedbugs, interesting to know!

I had exactly those bumps after a leg wax and it is foliculitis. Very nasty and as I didnt see a doctor quickly mine turned into cellulitus which I got antibiotics for. It was very nasty and very painful. My legs swelled up and I couldnt walk for a few days. It is caused by streptococcus or stapholcoccus bacteria (sorry about the spellings) which lives on the skin if I were you I would clean out your wax pots thoroughly just in case its harbouring in there. Hope this helps

I had exactly those bumps after a leg wax and it is foliculitis. Very nasty and as I didnt see a doctor quickly mine turned into cellulitus which I got antibiotics for. It was very nasty and very painful. My legs swelled up and I couldnt walk for a few days. It is caused by streptococcus or stapholcoccus bacteria (sorry about the spellings) which lives on the skin if I were you I would clean out your wax pots thoroughly just in case its harbouring in there. Hope this helps

Thanks. I am going to get back in touch with her today and see how they are. I will do, thankyou.

I text her earlier today to see how her leg was today, and she replied earlier tonight. She said they have gone down a bit but are still a bit painful. She told me she has shown a friend who has said that it is either the wax pot hasn't been covered, the spatula wasn't sterile or the wax pot wasn't clean. I have just had a massive boo, as I do everything physically possible to make things as hygienic as I can. I know for a fact I clean my wax pot all the time, the lid is always on other than when I am doing a treatment, and I am always heating it to 90 and then letting it cool down. I wash hands, wear gloves...the only thing with leg waxes is I use metal spatulas however after use I put it in a tin of solvent, then wash them in hot water and anti bac wash. Then I spray them with anti bac spray or barbicide and put them away. I have been to so many places with a dirty pot, no lid, no washing of hands, no gloves...need I go on!!

I have sent her a text back saying that if a dr needs to know, that this is what I do. Has anyone got any words of advice? At the moment I am just thinking is it even worth doing all these things when she has turned round and blamed me anyway! Sorry, just down ATM :(

I text her earlier today to see how her leg was today, and she replied earlier tonight. She said they have gone down a bit but are still a bit painful. She told me she has shown a friend who has said that it is either the wax pot hasn't been covered, the spatula wasn't sterile or the wax pot wasn't clean. I have just had a massive boo, as I do everything physically possible to make things as hygienic as I can. I know for a fact I clean my wax pot all the time, the lid is always on other than when I am doing a treatment, and I am always heating it to 90 and then letting it cool down. I wash hands, wear gloves...the only thing with leg waxes is I use metal spatulas however after use I put it in a tin of solvent, then wash them in hot water and anti bac wash. Then I spray them with anti bac spray or barbicide and put them away. I have been to so many places with a dirty pot, no lid, no washing of hands, no gloves...need I go on!!

I have sent her a text back saying that if a dr needs to know, that this is what I do. Has anyone got any words of advice? At the moment I am just thinking is it even worth doing all these things when she has turned round and blamed me anyway! Sorry, just down ATM :(

:( they almost certainly look like bites!! Who is this "friend" she has supposedly told that told her that it is either the wax pot hasn't been covered, the spatula wasn't sterile or the wax pot wasn't clean? Sounds like she's trying to find excuses if you ask me, maybe she realised after she sent the pic that they were bites and is too stubborn to back down! :( it doesn't look/sound to me like it was anything you done. Xx

:( they almost certainly look like bites!! Who is this "friend" she has supposedly told that told her that it is either the wax pot hasn't been covered, the spatula wasn't sterile or the wax pot wasn't clean? Sounds like she's trying to find excuses if you ask me, maybe she realised after she sent the pic that they were bites and is too stubborn to back down! :( it doesn't look/sound to me like it was anything you done. Xx

Thankyou so much for your reply. It has actually made my eyes well up because of the reassurance it isn't me! They were my thoughts too...I have no idea who this friend is, and if she is so in the know surely she must do waxing? Therefore why is she not going to her?! No idea. Think I perhaps just need sleep and need to man up a bit, as I am aware this could well happen from time to time. Argh these things are sent to try us!

Thankyou so much for your reply. It has actually made my eyes well up because of the reassurance it isn't me! They were my thoughts too...I have no idea who this friend is, and if she is so in the know surely she must do waxing? Therefore why is she not going to her?! No idea. Think I perhaps just need sleep and need to man up a bit, as I am aware this could well happen from time to time. Argh these things are sent to try us!

Ah bless you Hun! It's so horrible! It's just "one of them" moments! It's actually made me angry that she's causing such accusations and not taking on board anything you say :( this really does make me think it's bites and she is too stubborn to back down now in fear of looking silly!
If I were you hun, I wouldn't contact her again now, as it will make it too easy for her to keep passing the blame on to you. If she really thinks its something you have done, then she will be in touch! Maybe she is playing on the fact that she knows you are concerned! Don't get in touch and see what happens! My reckoning will be that you won't hear from her!!!

Chin up hun, try not to let it get you down or knock your confidence! Remember, you've always got us geeks here for a little back up or if u want a rant/cry/scream! Lol :D xxx big hug xxx

Ah bless you Hun! It's so horrible! It's just "one of them" moments! It's actually made me angry that she's causing such accusations and not taking on board anything you say :( this really does make me think it's bites and she is too stubborn to back down now in fear of looking silly!
If I were you hun, I wouldn't contact her again now, as it will make it too easy for her to keep passing the blame on to you. If she really thinks its something you have done, then she will be in touch! Maybe she is playing on the fact that she knows you are concerned! Don't get in touch and see what happens! My reckoning will be that you won't hear from her!!!

Chin up hun, try not to let it get you down or knock your confidence! Remember, you've always got us geeks here for a little back up or if u want a rant/cry/scream! Lol :D xxx big hug xxx

Oh please take my big virtual hug! Thankyou for that!!! I will do as you say now then and wait to see if I hear back from her. She made another appointment when she came on Friday so just waiting to hear back from her about cancelling it!

You're so lovely!

Oh please take my big virtual hug! Thankyou for that!!! I will do as you say now then and wait to see if I hear back from her. She made another appointment when she came on Friday so just waiting to hear back from her about cancelling it!

You're so lovely!

Ah you're welcome hun! :D i honestly think you won't hear from her now (maybe not even a cancellation, be prepared for a no show) also, you may not hear but she may turn up for her next appointment... You never know, but like I said, I wouldn't contact her now, you've done your bit, she'll soon be in touch if she thinks there's a problem. Other geeks may disagree with me though :-/

Either way.... Big hug right back at ya hun xxx

Ah you're welcome hun! :D i honestly think you won't hear from her now (maybe not even a cancellation, be prepared for a no show) also, you may not hear but she may turn up for her next appointment... You never know, but like I said, I wouldn't contact her now, you've done your bit, she'll soon be in touch if she thinks there's a problem. Other geeks may disagree with me though :-/

Either way.... Big hug right back at ya hun xxx

Thanks for the advice, I hadn't even considered a no show. Thankyou so much for replying, it seriously means a lot. It's nice your family saying it's not you but you sometimes need reassurance from people in the biz. If anyone has any tips on making my waxing more hygienic please let me know.

And thankyou for my hug! :) xxx

Thanks for the advice, I hadn't even considered a no show. Thankyou so much for replying, it seriously means a lot. It's nice your family saying it's not you but you sometimes need reassurance from people in the biz. If anyone has any tips on making my waxing more hygienic please let me know.

And thankyou for my hug! :) xxx

You're welcome :D It's always more reassuring hearing from people in the biz :)
Have a good nights sleep hun :) xxx

Hi Pip, although you are correct to say she has given her the client the right advice she should worry (if worry is the right word to use) because that is the difference between a salon and therapist who go the extra mile to make the client feel cared for and valued and one that doesn't give two hoots.

I don't mean to suggest anything detrimental towards you as a therapist, just wanted to tweak and massage your statement a little bit :wink2: :cool:

Jacqui xx
Jacqui
Yes I totally agree Jacqui and it's easy for me to say seeing as I not the one in this situation. If it was me I too would be worried to death thinking I had done something wrong and would do everything I could to rectify the problem and I would go the extra mile.

But I wasn't trying to make out that she shouldn't give too hoots about it just more of support that she didn't feel it was her, reassurance in her ability as a good therapist.

Pippa

Latest posts

Back