Please help :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagicStars01

Reaction score
I have a huge huge huge massive problem :(

i have a salon in wakefield and i have found a new shop that i am moving to. The new shop is amazing and i cant let it go. Problem is i have 1 year left on my lease at my current shop. my lanlord is awful and he said i couldnt leave. he never does anything i ask and he has actually trespassed during the night into my premises, police are always looking for him etc. . . i think you all get the general idea of him. please help! im running out of time now!! my new salon isnt far away from my existing one. lanlord doesnt have my home adress or anything! only my phone number. is it worth the risk? arrrrrrg!

debs xx

One suggestion you would need to get checked by a solicitor is that if you can prove he trespassed in the property then he will be in breach of the lease and you could therefore argue you don't need to see out the remainder of the term, as he breached the lease first. Secondly so long as you pay the rent you don't actually have to occupy the property so if it is too good an opportunity, at worst just factor in paying two rents for 12 months. But best bit of advice is take your lease to a solicitor and get their view, you shoudl be abel to find one that will give an hours consultation free.

and also - i do not think the building has insurance, although it states in my lease that it does and i am to reimburse the lanlord for the money. (4 years on - still not reimbursed and he wont give me the building insurance certificates so i can give him the money :s )

Definetely get this checked out by a solicitor, that really coudl be grounds for being able to walkaway, especially if you are on a full reparing lease.

He must supply you with every certificate for each year he is asking insurance reimbursement for. His obligation as a landlord is to keep these certificates for 40 years from the date issued.

If he doesn't supply, you don't owe him a penny plus he is in breach of his contract. ..Again:eek:!

Now i maybe wrong but....

you agree so long on a lease say 5 years.... if you leave after 4 isnt it ur responsiblity to find someone to take over the lease? hence u can leave before the actual expiry and someone else has taken over the shop?

worth checking out....:)

Latest posts

Back