Please inspire me!! Lost all direction...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombalurina

Reaction score
Hello geeks,

Knowing how wonderful you all are at giving excellent advice, I wanted to see if you could inspire me... I've been qualified for 7 years now, and have usually been employed at various salons. I decided to leave to take a training job 2 years ago, and while I don't regret it, I did start to miss being a hands on therapist...I missed my clients!! So I decided to make more of a go of my mobile business, which up until now has been a little side line (You know how it is, one client every couple of weeks, and that was fine for me until recently).

Well, I've put a few adverts online, my partner has designed a lovely website for me, and last month was really good; I had 8 brand new clients, and felt like it was actually going to work... (PM me for the web address if you want to see what I offer/my image etc)

But now it's virtually all stopped :( A few of those clients have re-booked for a month or two's time, so it's not all lost, but I'm beginning to lose hope. I know they say it's easier to keep your existing clients than to gain new ones, but I need to build up a good client base!! I've got nobody new calling me, and I need some help...

What do you think is the best way of advertising yourself on a budget?
What always seems to bring new clients your way?
Is there a particular offer or something different that your clients seem to respond best to?
Do you have any inspiring stories to tell me of your own?
Do you have a magic spell you can cast for me??!?!!!!

Any advice appreciated, thankyou geeks, I'm counting on you!!

Hi I have found the best way has been to drop leaflets in your local area. Also try to advertise something a bit different to what is on offer by other therapists. The other thing is patience - it takes time to build. Keep doing all the promoting you can and it will grow. Good luck.:)

look for Gigi (Geeg)'s posts on the matter, she gives great advice and I won't try to say them in a wrong way..

No magic spells I'm afraid :hug:

How about leaflet drops, offer your existing clients some sort of reward for each friend they recommend who has a treatment with you. Loyalty cards.

I think Sassy has a special article on advertising somewhere too which is full of good ideas.

Thanks geeks, sound advice as always :)

A few people have recommended the loyalty card scheme, or recommend a friend, and I'm in the middle of designing these now :) Fingers crossed!!

Does anyone out there do anything marketing-wise, that's a little bit different? I'd like to suprise my clients with something they've never heard of or seen done before!!!

XX

Latest posts

Back